Off Road Buggy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nov0798

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone uses or know who makes an off road "wagon or buggy" used to haul gear into and out of a work site? A powered unit would be best, because sometimes we have to walk 3-4 miles to get to our next location. It would be used to carry saws, fuel, and other gear. Any ideas?

I am wondering if anyone uses or know who makes an off road "wagon or buggy" used to haul gear into and out of a work site? A powered unit would be best, because sometimes we have to walk 3-4 miles to get to our next location. It would be used to carry saws, fuel, and other gear. Any ideas?
I've been using a Yamaha yxz as well as a Kubota 900
0f2dc2624dd507513ac1bd07b95e46e1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Should have specified. We are not allowed to use anything we ride on (don't ask). I was thinking something like a lawn tractor frame with bigger tires, and a flat deck that was steered like an old wagon. Or something along those lines.

Should have specified. We are not allowed to use anything we ride on (don't ask). I was thinking something like a lawn tractor frame with bigger tires, and a flat deck that was steered like an old wagon. Or something along those lines.
HF has a unit like that. Green stuff in tires & air pump good to have with it. There are a few other places but only experience I have is HF unit that is like old farm wagon. Xpanded metal floor over angle iron frame, make your own sides IIRC

Thats ridiculous...

but a gator type with rc control might do ya, wouldn't be to hard to cobble together.

Or I suggest a different job.

Ha, well this isn't my job. I do volunteer work for a local mountain bike club, and we have been given permission to cut 15 miles of new trail on govt property. We don't have "ATV certification", which is why we cant ride on anything motorized. Hauling gear in and out is very labor intensive, and we are whooped by the time we actually get to the site to work .

Ha, well this isn't my job. I do volunteer work for a local mountain bike club, and we have been given permission to cut 15 miles of new trail on govt property. We don't have "ATV certification", which is why we cant ride on anything motorized. Hauling gear in and out is very labor intensive, and we are whooped by the time we actually get to the site to work .
Get one of the kid carts for behind a bike for the trail.

Sounds like a good job for some horses.

How about an iron horse (mountain bike) with a trailer? Like this: https://www.rei.com/product/885816/bob-yak-plus-bike-trailer

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Horses are readily available. You might be surprised how willing horse people volunteer their use just to get them some exercise. Call a boarder and tell them what you're doing - they'll talk to the owners and arrange it. At least that's how it works in MN. You might get to pay for gas or lunch.

Ya said ride cannot ride ON, and "ATV certified"

Can you drive a small truck in? My old '71 Datsun 4x4 truck could sure fit between most trees, etc., great in the woods.

Put a winch on it and go most places, early 80's S-10 fairly small also but not as narrow as the old Datsuns. Just bought an 84 S-10 last year for $200 off CL that ran.

Ya said ride cannot ride ON, and "ATV certified"

Can you drive a small truck in? My old '71 Datsun 4x4 truck could sure fit between most trees, etc., great in the woods.

Put a winch on it and go most places, early 80's S-10 fairly small also but not as narrow as the old Datsuns. Just bought an 84 S-10 last year for $200 off CL that ran.
Hmm that might be an idea!

Hmm that might be an idea!
If they're mountain bike trails I'd bet they have the entrance too small for anything but a bicycle, to the horse idea here in Oregon if you took anything but a bike on the trail you'll get a hell of a ticket.

If they're mountain bike trails I'd bet they have the entrance too small for anything but a bicycle, to the horse idea here in Oregon if you took anything but a bike on the trail you'll get a hell of a ticket.

We can fit a side by side down them. Even though the single track is 12-18 inches wide, the corridor is 10' wide

Back