oil related thread but not about oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Shoreline, same thing as o8f150 just linked. It aint bad, but it gives you the amount of oil to add to your boat gas. Not ideal for mixing for small OPE gas tanks. I measured and marked in red where 32 oz and 33 oz are. I fill with 32 oz and add oil to the 33 oz mark. See the red lines ?

Attachments

• Shoreline mixing bottle.jpg
    Shoreline mixing bottle.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 28
My wife would complain about me using the glass measuring cups from the kitchen. Now I've got a dedicated stainless steel cup with embossed marks on it. It's one similar to what a coffee barista uses when making a steamed coffee drink. I have a old 3.2 oz. oil bottle that I marked how high 3.2 oz. is, then add 100 oz. of premium gas.

I also have the ratio rite. If you mix the gas and oil in it, it dribbles pretty badly when you pour it, despite its pouring spout.
I will second the tipping tendency, even with the cover in place, if it goes over the stuff inside of it is coming out.
I tend to leave things on my bench top, and sometimes things get knocked over. I prefer the screw on top on the Shoreline container.
The tip-overs are my fault no doubt. I could clean the benchtop and lessen the knock-overs ........... but history has shown that as soon as I clean my benchtop - more clutter shows up magically !

pretty much any container is good. I had a small plastic bottle from work that measured out the right amount of liquid and then marked it. would use that to mix up my fuel. was easy and free.

I have used the same plastic baby milk bottle for 40 years on bikes and saws.
BB

I mooched a graduated bottle (the brown one) from the Pharmacist and use it as a "master" bottle.
You never use the master for mixing, only to mark a new pill bottle.
Recap and put the master bottle away after each use.

I fill it with my preferred volume (3.5oz) of water and then pour into one of
the depressingly prolific pill bottles, that I now get each month.
Next thing is mark it with a felt tip and pour off (or drink) the water
and then also make a good scratch at the black line, as the mark can rub off.

They come with a cap and when it gets dropped in the dirt or lost or whatever,
It's easy and cheap to replace.

Attachments

• post  IMG_3559.JPG
    post IMG_3559.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 14
  • post IMG_3558.JPG
    post IMG_3558.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 13
how about this one guys??? I like the one from baileys but 10 dang bucks to ship it,,,, we don't have any boat shops around here and no close motor cycle shops either,,, rural king has this one and there is a rural king 14 miles from here
http://www.ruralking.com/attwood-fuel-oil-mixing-bottle-11873-1.html
Yep that one will do the job fine. I stick a piece of sticky tape on the correct graduation & fill to level with tape top edge saves having to read off the quantity every fill

This is another 1 I have.

$_57.JPG

25, 32, 40 ,50:1 if you just want to do 1 litre
I find some of the 1 litre mixing bottles the measuring lines are not accurate, if you fill to the litre line with "gas" & measure out 25 ml =40 or 31.25 =32/1 in a measuring jug & pour it into the container the 40/32 ratio lines don't line up? Iv'e had them both above & below the line on40 & 32/1 ratio's I seem to remember the bottles came from Asia

Back