Oiler on 660 Magnum or 395xp, which is better for long bar lengths?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoother ride? lololol The 3120 you buy today has a rev limiter set very low.. less then 10K.. You'll have a machine that behaves more like a jack hammer than a saw.... search for B_turners posts on his 3120/880 experiences.

Andy, You or B Turner wouldn't be biased would you? Seriously, I will look at his posts. Computeruser's earlier post helped as well.

I'm just curious about different models of saws because the only two I've ran is the 200t and the 338xpt side by side. The 338, (45cc model) IMO, is smoother and has more low end torque. However, I love the 200t in the tree much better, its balance is second to none.

I know I have a 460 and a 372xp, but I haven't ran the 372 yet. I've been thinking maybe I should trade it for another model since I have a 460 and I want a 7900 real bad.

I wouldn't mind comparing the 346xpNE to the 5100 either. Maybe one day, after trying them all, I'll open up a dealership with the brand that proves to be the best, IMO. lol. Would like to compare them though.

Andy, You or B Turner wouldn't be biased would you? Seriously, I will look at his posts. Computeruser's earlier post helped as well.

LOLOLOL B_turner is the most unbiased guy I've met.. The current 3120 as sold in the USA is a PIG... Sorry....

That's great. I'll definitely be calling the Stihl dealership in the morning. Any idea of the price of those parts?

I've just bought the upgraded oil pump piston and control bolt, as per a thread from Andy a few years back. Haven't had a chance to fit them yet. They came to just under $50 including TN sales tax. Not sure how much the entire pump is.

P/N 1128 647 4802 CONTROL BOLT
P/N 1122 647 0602 PUMP PISTON

The DP cover is about $30

IIRC the pump is about $85. I think it is a better deal to buy the whole pump, but that is just me.

They are like 13 hp

nope.. much much less....

Actually they were advertised at both 13 and 15hp - but that was the old type of SAE bto hp.

The DIN number advertised varied between 8.5 and 9.0, and are what counts when comparing to modern saws.

Btw the 3120 started out at 9.2hp, but is down to 8.4 by now + the rev limiter issue.

I would stay a long way away from a recent one.

LOLOLOL B_turner is the most unbiased guy I've met.. The current 3120 as sold in the USA is a PIG... Sorry....

I remember that tread, and I have no reason to believe B_turner is biased in any way regarding saw brands.......:cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
Got a PM from B_Turner - really unbiased and helpful.

I was totally trying to joke with both Andy and B-Turner. I'm just starting to meet everyone. If we were all in Floyd's Barber Shop, you would've known the tone of my voice. I was playing the way Andy Griffith would have.

However, when someone runs only one type of saw or they have one in the profile picture, the perception is they will really defend that brand and may overlook certain flaws.

I do know after reading many threads there are some that prefer Stihls because they have had better results with certain models and assume that all models must be good or they like the way they feel in their hands - different hands leads to different feelings for different saws.

To me, every company can make a flop once in a while and I've found I really like one brand at a certain cc level and like a completely different brand at a different cc level. Of course, from my limited knowledge of this site, I'd say most feel the same way and...let's face it, we ALL like to run all kinds of saws and compare them because we Just Really LIKE Chainsaws!

You guys have really helped me out a lot with the part numbers, called my dealer today, thanks bunches again.

Also, talked to my Husky Dealer today and he told me some interesting news about why Husky is recommending only a 28 inch bar on the 395xp.

To Be Continued...

Back