Oiler problems while milling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgdanski

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First time posting, I've been looking for a while but I'm having problems with my oil line blowing out while I'm milling. The holes on the bar the oil flows through get clogged with saw dust when I'm milling and blow out the oil line. Just took it to the saw shop and they said the oiler was bad but I wanted to see if that was causing the oil line to blow out or if it might mess up the oiler again. Anyone else having the same problem. And I am currently running a 036 with a 30 inch bar and ripping chain.

I've been using a new 660 for a couple years and no problem. Before that I ran a Homelite 1050 for about 5 years and no problem. Don't know what would cause that? Hang on a bit and some one with more knowledge on the older Stihls will be along, Joe.

I believe it is oem line but not sure about the coil. 30 inches is a lot but when it gets oil it seems to do fairly well. Just takes time.

the stihl oil line is very stiff and a PITA to install over the barbs. Gentle heating with a lighter helps make it pliable. The coil is needed to keep the line from kinking. The kit from stihl has enough line to do two saws

30" for 036 is to much. Try with a 20" for a well see what happens with your oilier.
Nothing wrong with your oil pump. If make repression to push of your oil line that mean is good.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it sounds good

Latest posts

Back