Ok..I'll start one. Who has built MS660's using After Market parts??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watch this one the next didn't load..;)

Its alive!! To review.. which top end, Huztl 52mm correct? No base gasket with which sealer? Also what idle and no load RPM's?

Which Carb & Intake Boot? You used the Huztl Aluminum carb bracket right? That's an interesting part..:)

I like to set my Huztl 52mm at 2800rpm idle and 13000 noload

If it's like mine, your going to like it even more after around 8-10 tanks ...they take a while to break in but pick up noticeable power when they do....:)

Thanks for posting! (Welcome to the club?)

I don't have a tach. It's on the list.

52mm, Permatex 51813 with activator.

All Huztl boot, ring, clamp, carb and the aluminum mounting bracket. So far so good.

I used a silicone impulse line from an R/C car.

Try the videos again. Both should work.

If it will run better with more tanks through it, I can't wait!!!!

I don't have a tach. It's on the list.

52mm, Permatex 51813 with activator.

All Huztl boot, ring, clamp, carb and the aluminum mounting bracket. So far so good.

I used a silicone impulse line from an R/C car.

Try the videos again. Both should work.

If it will run better with more tanks through it, I can't wait!!!!

I'm curious myself, especially on the intake parts...it would be a new page turned if AM actually is an improvement over OEM! That aluminum part might actually be an improvement. Did you use a "ring" inside the boot at the carb/boot junction as the OEM one have? It helps the rubber boot hold inside diameter after being crushed to the carb.. and actually keeps that ID as large as the ID of the carb. Also curious how that saw idles when left for a few minutes and does it restart easy when hot...:) VIDEO please..:) :)

And thanks for posting all this info..:)

I did use the ring inside the boot. The aluminum bracket is a huge improvement I think over the plastic piece. It is also threaded so no nuts to fight with or lose.

Idles great, no problems letting sit a while moving logs or chunks around.

No hot start problems either.

I'll try to get a video of it idling tonight.

Too dark by time I get home to shoot a video. Will have to wait until Saturday.

So far I've rebuilt six 066. Each one was a mix of rebuilt/restored OEM parts and farmertec parts. Each rebuild got a new top end. 3 were 54mm and 3 were 56mm. Each piston looked real good and the rings fit great. The cylinders were ok but I did notice a lot of casting flash in the ports and the port bevels were questionable. I had to clean up every port in each cylinder and redo the bevels. Only took about 15 mins on each cylinder to get them to my liking. The 066 that I rebuilt and kept for myself I ported and removed the base gasket, muffler moded, timing advance and a few light carb mods. It was the 56mm version. After approx. 10 tanks of fuel the compression was a solid 170psi. The saw does free port at tdc approx. .040".
Each of the big bore kits free ported .020"-.040" with the base gasket delete but all of them tuned fairly easily, idled well and made great power.
The standard bore kits didn't free port at all even without base gaskets. They also tuned nicely, idled very well and made great power
Thus far the only farmertec parts I've had any issues with are
-the cylinders ( need the ports cleaned up but easily done )
-the chain tensioners are junk IMO. ( the threads seem "dirty" and after a few turns they lock up)
-the complete recoil assemblies are a gamble ( I had one that wouldn't recoil. When the mounting screws were loosened it would recoil properly. I determined that the hub axle wasn't centered properly in the housing and the hub was stuck against the flywheel.)

To sum up my experience with farmertec parts so far I'm impressed. The parts are very reasonably priced, most parts fit very well and function as they should. I'll definitely be buying more Farmertec parts

Sorry for the long post. I could go on but...

Great Video as always!!!

A Huztl GTG would be a lot of fun and probably pretty eye opening for some.

My 56mm MS660 is running good. It seems to run better and start better ever time I use it. I did have to switch back to the stock carb on mine. I was told my stock one was messed up and at $150 for a new one. I said WTH i will try the $10 carb. No luck. But a good cleaning on the stock carb and I was good to go. For the cylinder I just took a jewelers file to the ports and did nothing else. Mine is going to live in a chainsaw mill. I have 7 logs waiting to be cut up. No to mention what else I can get my hands on. So I will have a good durability test for it.

Back