OK,WHAT IS YOUR MOST DEPENDABLE FIREWOOD SAW?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
034, works well when you cut most bigger stuff, but is a light limbing saw also and it doesn't take up much room in a vehicle tool box. If space isn't an issue I most often take 3 to 5 chainsaws for a days work and dedicate a short barred saw for cuts that are hard on the chain, then 1 or 2 of my go to for the size wood I am working most with,then the biggest saw I anticipate I would have call for. If i'm working long or have something I want to test run, then more may go with me.

THAT YOU WOULDNT WANT TO BE WITHOUT,PERIOD? THAT ALWAYS STARTS AND READY TO CUT!:popcorn:
:popcorn:

I have an old homelite super XL that just will not die. Cut many cords until I got my stihls. It still runs and starts up whenever I get sentimental, just to see if the old friend will still run. Wore out many chains and bars but the motor is still good, never even had to rebuild the carb. It was my main saw for 15 years and cut all the wood I sold to pay for school.

For my many stihls, my 028 super will always start on 2-3 pulls no matter how long it has set. Some of the others are more fun to cut with but not more dependable.

I run AV gas in all my two strokes now so they do not get alcoholic diseases.

Last edited:
I'd say my Husky 55, but i'm using my Husky 350 more and more...

I do all my "bigger" big tree felling with a Husky 268XP and it's been an amazing saw!
SR
The big saws are fun but this thread is for the "boring" go-to saw! Lol. As much as i love the 7900 dolmar to watch my brothers and friends(and myself too!) grin I cut mostly with the nimble 346xp. Weight matters when cutting all day. I think that 35o is a good saw but I only have a parts backup model for my 346. BIL gave it to me when he smoked it from a loose exhaust bolt(prebracket model!) I store it in this box so it won't tip over for Sawtroll. Lol

All of mine are, for their purpose, be it felling (rare), bucking or limbing. Don't play favorites. If any one of them had pretentions to becoming a princess, it'd be gone. When called on, they all have to get it done.

By no means my faourite saw but the ms 261"starts easily, sips fuel, has enough torque to make those few cuts that you should be cutting with a 70cc saw, has a decent pair of felling dawgs(off a 361) which few smaller saws have. Pretty boring saw really but it just works and functions and rarely p*--#s you off. A true WORKSAW that keeps working day after day. Did I mention air filter...

Both the 2171 and cs400 are down rite dependable!
I spent several years trading up to a new saw every 3 to 5 years to avoid maintenance and, well, looking for more power.
The combo I have now seems to be about right. I will probably have the 2171 re-worked if/ when the time comes that he gets tired.

The Quake....

Really!!!

Starts easily, it's quiet, runs great, cuts well, it's pretty light, and smooth running.

The 10-10s has been going with me for the bigger stuff, but mostly just cause it sounds so cool.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Back