OK,WHAT IS YOUR MOST DEPENDABLE FIREWOOD SAW?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT YOU WOULDNT WANT TO BE WITHOUT,PERIOD? THAT ALWAYS STARTS AND READY TO CUT!:popcorn:
:popcorn:
For 18 years my 1993 Stihl 044 always got the job done. Then it got crushed by a tree, so I picked up a MS 441. But I found the parts to fix the 044 and it runs like new again and is my favorite saw. When I got the 044, my Homelite 330 was never used again! The 044 is light enough to take with you and runs strong enough to cut anything that needs cuttin. It is rated at 5.1 hp but cuts just as fast as the 441 that is rated at 5.6 hp.

All my saws are dependable because I keep them well maintained. It takes a lot of well deserved flak around here, but one good thing I will say about my Stihl 290 (now sold) was that it was the easiest and most dependable starting saw I've owned. My 346XP now holds the crown as easiest starting.

If I had to depend on only one saw for everything, it would be my Stihl 361 (20", 3/8, .050, 7 pin). It can make all the big and small cuts in my area if I do my part. Add to that its good power-to-weight, antivibration, and decent fuel it economy, it's difficult to beat. It sometimes can be difficult to restart in warm weather, but not for me! I consider that to be an extra security device.

Believe it or not right now it would be the 272xp i have of all the saws ive had it would be my 034 although all my huskys and stihls run good

My workhorse 046. It just cuts and cuts and cuts and cuts and...

pcu1Z.jpg

There's a lot to be said for a tried and true 290 farm boss Stihl . ( there's a reason it's the number one selling saw ) Yes they are not pro saw power or a light limbing saw but they are about the best homeowner firewood chore horse for the money . It would be hard to find another way to spend 375$ in the chainsaw world on anything more capable more durable and for the value in my opinion

First post here. Figrured since nobody else listed one yet. Really love my Baileys badged Solo 51sp. Starts every time, second pull - hot or cold. Good power ,nice balance, runs forever on a tank of fuel.
I do only own 3 saws though, Castor cp55,Efco 156, and the Solo -( I feel so ashamed) lol

I like to think both my running saws are very dependable. A almost new 036 pro doesn't fail me but if I could onlytake one saw it would be my 028 super. Never let me down.

First post here. Figrured since nobody else listed one yet. Really love my Baileys badged Solo 51sp. Starts every time, second pull - hot or cold. Good power ,nice balance, runs forever on a tank of fuel.
I do only own 3 saws though, Castor cp55,Efco 156, and the Solo -( I feel so ashamed) lol

Interesting. solo is one of the least talked about brands on this site. Can't say as if I have ever even seen one.

see my sig line any one of those stihls i can pick up and saw anything out there in the woods.the 036 :rock: is the newest addition and has been getting a workout. i will admit i never ran a husky or dolmar,but just about every other brand.

Flotek. my first saw was a 029 super and it served me well for quite a few years. Actually an old 025 was my go to saw back then. if I knew then what i know now I would not have been satisfied. Before I wwould spend close to $400 for a new farm boss I think now I would be looking used husky, newDolmar or even a new echo for the money.

Interesting. solo is one of the least talked about brands on this site. Can't say as if I have ever even seen one.

Yeah Solo is not a very popular saw here in the states. They only offer a few models now. Those Germans do make some nice saws though.

When it comes engineering ( especially saws) Germans do know a thing or two no doubt

I have to say that the 350 and the 50 series Husky's are damn reliable saws. I have put many a cord of wood on the ground with any one of them. Dependable and tough every one. Then the 346xp came along and it blew me away. Of course I had to get it ported , and the results are incredible. Weight of a 50cc- cuts like a 60cc and drop dead reliable. I would not be without one no matter how many saws I have.

Back