Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ft. Scott Pioneer Days....September 26. Attendees:
Hedgerow
Levi
Danny
Lumberjackchef
Sawnami
Workshop?
Cobey
awol and family
Kenneth + family.
MOJim
Carl + Blondie + Brody
Hinerman & family
Darick and family
Rick Tucker (local)
Sage Hall(local)
Shorthunter
Big Tuna +1
Andydodgegeek
Sarahdodgegeek

:hi:

Fixed our entry.

The heat shield on my splitter motor has been loose for awhile. The bolts are very tight, probably welded due to the heat. I stripped one of the bolts off in the muffler that holds the shield on. Sooooo, I thought I would take the muffler off and tap the stripped bolt out. Then the real pisser, I stripped one of the studs off in the muffler that is used to attach to the manifold (I think it is called). A new muffler is $80.

I may seek suggestions from you guys when the new muffler comes in. The heat shield does not last very long IMO.

Tak
The heat shield on my splitter motor has been loose for awhile. The bolts are very tight, probably welded due to the heat. I stripped one of the bolts off in the muffler that holds the shield on. Sooooo, I thought I would take the muffler off and tap the stripped bolt out. Then the real pisser, I stripped one of the studs off in the muffler that is used to attach to the manifold (I think it is called). A new muffler is $80.

I may seek suggestions from you guys when the new muffler comes in. The heat shield does not last very long IMO.

Take a center punch and dimple the center of the stud . drill it out and re tap to the correct size on the manifold. I have had decent success on one saw and several other implements.

b000d74ecddb8b1948378e740c510ab8.jpg
7 weeks today!

Evening all... Been busy as hell at work lately and meeting with a surgeon to set the date for my disc replacement... My L5-S1 is going under the knife on 27Aug...
How's everyone else nd has Mo Jim come out among the living?

That chain looks different. What kind is it? What does it look like from the other side? It doesn't look like it would cut from here.

There's a left and right cutter and in the center, left and right rakers that pull out the wood from between the cutters. Cuts a 3/8" wide kerf.

Morning folks. Nice and cool here this morning. A welcome relief from Monday and Tuesday. I have a hole to get started digging before work while it's still nice enough to do it. Have a good one.

Evening all... Been busy as hell at work lately and meeting with a surgeon to set the date for my disc replacement... My L5-S1 is going under the knife on 27Aug...
How's everyone else nd has Mo Jim come out among the living?
Hi Bryon, tell your Dad hello for me,hope your surgery goes well.

Latest posts

Back