Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The muffler is rotted off, the rest is there ...... :)

The check up
360 ....... I was shooting WD 40 ..... the thing took off with no muffler!
Sl 245 mono had intermittent spark.... rings weak maybe .... but complete
One slx is very strong...... One needs rings....
Remmy barman...... locked up. Many good parts
Mono........ probably could run with points cleaned

A 245 mono..... a bantam remmy...... slx..... super in blue.... 360 part saw
cobey
I have new mufflers for 360AO, #A-70784 for 360 Homelites before Lot #C-320. After Lot #C-320 the muffler part number is A-94785, which I don't have. Price for A-70784 new is $46.07 plus shipping. Don't think I have a used one, will check. It would be 1/2 price of new.
[email protected]

Evening gents. I just got tore into the MS260 Pro that I picked up a while back and wanted to ask some advice. It holds good vac and pressure....steady as a rock. The piston and cylinder are scored on both the intake and exhaust sides, relatively lightly, but still scored. Will a lean saw score on both sides? The crankcase looks pretty dry, but there was a sheen of oil on the piston. I'm hoping to be able to just clean up the cylinder and throw a new piston at it. Thanks guys.

Evening gents. I just got tore into the MS260 Pro that I picked up a while back and wanted to ask some advice. It holds good vac and pressure....steady as a rock. The piston and cylinder are scored on both the intake and exhaust sides, relatively lightly, but still scored. Will a lean saw score on both sides? The crankcase looks pretty dry, but there was a sheen of oil on the piston. I'm hoping to be able to just clean up the cylinder and throw a new piston at it. Thanks guys.
I'm no expert, for sure, but I bet it was from factory settings. Put a new piston and rings in it, do a muffler mod, remove the limiters, fatten that critter up to where it wants to really run and run the snot out of it. Or sell it, whichever comes first.
The 260 pro I've got originally had a 5/16 outlet in the muffler. I gutted the muffler and drilled out the outlet to 3/8 then added two more 3/8 holes, one above and one below the original. It's my go to saw now, well, it and the Echo that Allan worked over for me.

Scoring on intake and exhaust side says straight gas...

Back