Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we all got back from the lake today. We hadn't been able to make it all season, and with my surgery looming it would likely be next seaon before another opportunity came up so we dropped everything else to do it. The Kids, Wife, best friend, Dad an I had a blast!

Pencil Dad and I in for Ft Scott tentatively (provided I'm up and mobile by then). I will NOT be running saws but would love to see everyone and BS with Jim, Steve, Cobey, Matt, Awol and whoever else makes it.

Well, I'm now Jeepless. Straight up trade for a 2002 F150, 4.2 V-6, 5 speed 4X4.
Now all I've got is Ford stuff. Except for the tractor.
The only thing I'd be careful with is to check your oil and coolant levels regularly - I had a '97 F-150 with the 4.2 and it ran great. Had I not of changed the oil early due to an impending trip (checked it rarely as it didn't burn any) I wouldn't have caught the coolant in the oil. There are two coolant passages going from the block through the timing chain cover. When the seal fails, the coolant goes straight own into the oil pan. More than a few have hydro-locked this way and grenaded themselves. I was lucky to catch it before that and that is a PITA job to do. The kicker on mine was that the cover had been cracked and JB welded on the inside from the factory. I was the second owner and my best friend was the first, buying it with 4 miles on the clock... That was only one of a myriad of that tuck's problems. :angry:

Decided to drag something out of the goat barn. :)

You couldn't guess that it hasn't been touched in at least the last 10 years.

ce31ccab5f1b71c90d4e95ac321f8713.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V
I was going to ask if you were a Shriner or not... I haven't been active (or paid my dues) in a while but will likely resume once the kids are older and I have a bit of money to play.

The cp 70 needs to visit Alan for some doctoring...........

I'm super happy the bantam fired on prime compression
Jumped up...... it wants to live :)
I wonder if the tilly carb would fit?
The Tilly HL requires the access holes for the jet screws in a different location than the Carter. Doable if willing to swap right side half or drill holes.

Sugar Creek Supply (Joe Salva) has Carter carb kits for 23-25 bux.

The Tilly HL requires the access holes for the jet screws in a different location than the Carter. Doable if willing to swap right side half or drill holes.

Sugar Creek Supply (Joe Salva) has Carter carb kits for 23-25 bux.
How do I find him? A search only got other forum's

Back