Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer is back. Morning

Morning Kenneth!

Morning midlanders!

Found the 'carb' problem on the Dolmar. Flywheel side main bearing is loose. Reason we can't get the low speed mix set right. It's sucking enuff air at low speed to mess it up.

Just means we will have more work in him than intended.

Clean him up with the famous 'Driver Dip' this am.

Seems crazy for a Chinese firm to own a walnut mill in Neosho MO. I guess it all boils down to $$$$. The family couldn't resist the offer and they still profit from the business (can't say I blame them); and the Chinese save money on Walnut price by owning the mill, get the highest quality available, and sell what they don't need.

I wonder if that is where all those Walnut trees Alan harvested ended up.
Yep seems crazy but they pay good money and keep the market rolling. My buddy Darick carves in a log yard about 10 miles from there now right off 86 and BB. You can see it from the road. They guy that owns that yard sells a lot of logs to Missouri walnut as well as container ships them all over the world. They just put in a large debarker last year so they could atop having to fumigate the logs before shipping over seas. Most if his buyers show up in fancy foreign rides speaking broken English at best...... If your ever driving by stop by and ask for Darick and check out some of his carvings!

'The Driver Dip' consists of digging the big chunks off with an old cheap steak knife after removing covers. Followed by scrub with parts cleaning brushes and mineral spirit. Squirt all over with O'Reilleys foaming engine degreaser. Follow up with hot water squirted from garden hose.

Covers are washed down separate. Takes about an hour but if you have to remove the jug, keeps crap out of the crankcase.

Put it back together and run 'till hot in case moisture got in.

Much more pleasant to work on.

I dont want to raise them, but I would like to go to OK or TX (or MO or AR if they have them) and hunt some smaller wild sows to make my ow bacon, sausage and chops...

I dont want to raise them, but I would like to go to OK or TX (or MO or AR if they have them) and hunt some smaller wild sows to make my ow bacon, sausage and chops...
You may be very let down with the quality of pork those wild critters produce..
Not that they ain't fun to hunt.
But more like venison than pork..
Super tough hide, and no fat.

But if you like dry and gamey, you may enjoy them.

Deffinately not the "other white meat"..

You may be very let down with the quality of pork those wild critters produce..
Not that they ain't fun to hunt.
But more like venison than pork..
Super tough hide, and no fat.

But if you like dry and gamey, you may enjoy them.

Deffinately not the "other white meat"..
You treed me Matt that was some nasty stuff....ugh
Even the ones they let go because they didn't want to feed
When the price went down tasted yucky when they were out wild
For a bit

1bb990b659925189a73778a6cfcd50dd.jpg

Morning fellas. Gas prices are all over the board here in middle TN. I've seen regular unleaded as low as $2.01, and as high as $2.26. All within thirty miles or so. Seems weird to me.

I sure hope baby Spencer is doing ok, Carl. Will say a prayer for him.

Spencer was injured while in Michael's care yesterday morning. Stopped breathing and rushed to hospital while paramedics performed CPR. In a coma now with bleeding on the brain. Stable condition when we left 7 pm yesterday.

Michael (bipolar) was hauled off to police station for investigation of suspected child abuse. Released when he requested legal council.

I was able to see my grandson for a few minutes at 7 pm and he is stable and moving one foot while the RN was giving him meds.

Back