Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everyone.
I've heard black locust burns as hot as hedge but wouldn't know it if I saw it. We burn a lot of hedge but I'm going to have to look up locust on here so I can cut and compare some day.

Morning everyone.
I've heard black locust burns as hot as hedge but wouldn't know it if I saw it. We burn a lot of hedge but I'm going to have to look up locust on here so I can cut and compare some day.
Burns just as hot, not quite as long..
Black locust is yellow in color like hedge, but not "as" yellow..
More like mulberry yellow..
Same rot resistance as hedge too..

Black locust is yellow in color like hedge, but not "as" yellow..

So they say :) Black locust is a pale yellow while hedge is bright yellow, almost fluorescent.

Cut up some oak logs I had laying around this morning. Went to Sam's basketball game. Then me and boys spent the afternoon with my dad. I wish he would come cut with me but I will take any time I can. We went to a house that is going to be bulldozed (the one I took trees from a couple of weeks ago) and did some scraping. Dad likes to do that stuff. Some of it he sells in a garage sale, the rest goes to the scrap yard. After a couple hours sweat was running down his face and he said, "I have had enough of this place, let's go. I don't know why I do this, too much work for not much gain." I told him, "Same reason I cut wood. I like it and it puts a little money in your pocket, and it beats sitting on the couch."

Have a good evening...

Latest posts

Back