Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who else is going
I have as much of my gear packed as I can think of, but I'm bound to forget something. I'm bringing a saw that just came in the mail today......I bought it as a parts saw that was supposed to not have any compression. Turns out the plug was loose to the point of nearly flopping around. Went and bought a plug and noticed the old plug had been cross threaded, but was able to get the new plug straight and snug and it fired right up. Went back and grabbed a bar and a couple chains, and plan on giving it a workout tomorrow. I might need a tech assist on a quick tune, if someone would be willing to help since I'm not much of a tuner. I'll have to have a helicoil put in soon, but hopefully it will last the day.

I have as much of my gear packed as I can think of, but I'm bound to forget something. I'm bringing a saw that just came in the mail today......I bought it as a parts saw that was supposed to not have any compression. Turns out the plug was loose to the point of nearly flopping around. Went and bought a plug and noticed the old plug had been cross threaded, but was able to get the new plug straight and snug and it fired right up. Went back and grabbed a bar and a couple chains, and plan on giving it a workout tomorrow. I might need a tech assist on a quick tune, if someone would be willing to help since I'm not much of a tuner. I'll have to have a helicoil put in soon, but hopefully it will last the day.
always someone to help :)

Steve/Dan, Yes or no on the bucking trailer.

Hedge, the gentleman with the 041 has been very sick since he asked for a coil & is just now starting to get around fairly well. Dropping the saw off with me this evening. I won't have time to take it apart tonight but if you would bring your coil tomorrow I would greatly appreciate it. You can let me know what you want for it. If you could bring the grinder I left during HedgeFest also I would appreciate it.
Coil is already in the truck..
Grinder needs to get there...

Have a sales rep that sells mulching machines in the shop for repairs to his truck. He said that they have a customer that has one of their 400 HP machines that took down and completely mulched a 48" oak 100' tall in 45 minutes. [emoji54]

f8465d4fb57cbe069f3f9ddb41366630.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Can you guys tell me what a Huskvarna 262XP is worth a buddy of mine bought it new back in the 90s
cut firewood 1 yr. he says it has only had 8-10 tanks of gas through it. I cleaned the carb and got it running
like a top, it runs pretty strong and has a lot of compression. l think he will sell it to me but I have no idea what its worth. I dont even know if this is where I am supposed to make a post!

Can you guys tell me what a Huskvarna 262XP is worth a buddy of mine bought it new back in the 90s
cut firewood 1 yr. he says it has only had 8-10 tanks of gas through it. I cleaned the carb and got it running
like a top, it runs pretty strong and has a lot of compression. l think he will sell it to me but I have no idea what its worth. I dont even know if this is where I am supposed to make a post!

Start a WIW thread in the general chainsaw forum. This is a regional pot belly stove group of 'neighbors' (?).

Latest posts

Back