Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d6c2530e4427b78154f6a97c7e7a67ba.jpg

Got another one under the knife... Never have seen this on an 025 before, pretty impressive really. No evidence was left of the culprit, anyone seen anything similar before in their travels?
I have a dozen or more cases that are totally trashed exactly like this. The main culprit I have found in heat/friction from frozen up drum bearing and or worm gear failure. Some are just plain melted and other I have seen are similar to yours in the pic. Happens all the time on this family. Most have a heat shield( large washer) but some I have seen without them.

Heh. You put your left toe on top of the oil tank and use both hands on the pull rope. Lots of drag as the clutch is froze up. 9/16" chain x 24" bar.
As soon as you get that clutch feeded up it will work better. I have a 34 cc top handle olympic that had a bound up clutch pulled hard than my ported 2094.;););););)

Yep, some of those old 1 man saws should have been called 2 man saws. Because it took 2 to start them. 1 to hold the saw down and 1 to pull the rope. :laugh:

I try clamping the bar or dogs in a vise and thrash on it. I've got a couple that sit in the corner waiting for when I feel frisky. (They're getting pretty dusty) :)

I try clamping the bar or dogs in a vise and thrash on it. I've got a couple that sit in the corner waiting for when I feel frisky. (They're getting pretty dusty) :)
My Homie 2000 has taken up residence in the big vice for near six months now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436025337.270031.jpg

Havn't felt frisky enuff.

Took out some dangerous ceader trees by a house yesterday......
Cut all the thick lower limbs and they were so narly they jumped up when the branches
Hit the ground ...... sweated my shoes full them little odd limbs make saws kick back bad.

The OMG is really different to what I'm used to. Rewind starter turns the 'output' shaft on the timing belt reduction. So, for every turn of the starter pulley you get approximately four turns of the engine crankshaft.

The crankshaft is another gem. Cantilevered crank pin. That is, take a conventional crank and remove one end with counterweight.
Our next step is to reset the points as I think a late ignition is a goodly part of my problem.

Bout 150 yards of cedar trees clear..
Where you see dirt, there were trees.
View attachment 434127
nice work Matt!
i dont mind ceaders.... but mixed with narly ornamintal trees and stuff against a very expensive house.... they sucked
they are hard like they were dead!..... idk odd stuff. I still got 4 fairly big ones to get, and some weird nasty bush trees

Back