Oleo Mac Chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody ever head of these chainsaws? Where are they made and sold? I never heard of these saws before.

Que# 1. Yes
Que # 2. They were made in Italy, they are no longer sold under that name or so I have been told, they are now mjade and sold under the EFFCO. brand of saws.
Pioneerguy600

OLympyk.
There's a story the int'l olympik committee made a stink about use of the name; so for a while they called them Oleo-macs.

I had a 254; pretty average European saw, meaning well-made. Dealer support wasn't the best, here...back in the 80's nobody seemed to want to invest money in product they couldn't make a profit on very quickly.

As mentioned, EFCO is current name in N. America, EMAK in Europe.

I have had a couple of the Olympik 950 AFF `s for a long while now, they are well made and can sure take a beating. We carried them on snow sleds and ATV`s for trail work for years and they still work real well. Only part we ever managed to break was the chainbrake handle on one of them caused by a rollover on a Artic Cat, those saws cut so many miles of trails it makes my head spin. LOL. Oh ,sorry for the typo error on the EFCO name above, one too many F`s . LOL.
Pioneerguy600

first it was ole-mac--then olympic,then olympik,then olympyk, now efco--ive sold them for some time--and yes, the name change was because of the stoooopid olympic committee--why in h anyone would associate a chainsaw with the olympics is beyond be--must have had toooo much edumakashun---:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: not the same engine r's as other saws--but exceeding long lasting--

Last edited:
Saws are apearing in FRANCE made by OLEO-MAC badged as OLEO-MAC, CASTOR, NAUDER,with different colour schemes & different model#`s good part though most if not all the expenable parts are interchangable

i have two of them, both with different names. one is an olympik 261 and one is an olympyk 264. they are rugged, powerful saws. i would considered them professional saws from back in the day. you can get pistons for them still but i had to order direct from greece....

i have two of them, both with different names. one is an olympik 261 and one is an olympyk 264. they are rugged, powerful saws. i would considered them professional saws from back in the day. you can get pistons for them still but i had to order direct from greece....

in your sig--where is carmi----

Been in oz for awhile now,dad s had one since the early 90's good little saw,the local stihl guy here has one on the shelf new ,still badged as oleomac

its small, if you blink youve missed is, what kind of travels took you down here.

Also, the last generation of John Deere branded saws were the same as the Oleo-Mac and Efco ones - the parent company is EMAK in Italy, and the saws are/were made there.

Btw, the only Dolmar dealer I knew of in Norway (and they also claimed to be the importer) now sell Efco saws instead......

Yes Oleo Mac are still sold here, they were also sold as "Blitz" and I noticed some "MTD" chainsaws are built by "Efco" very good chainsaws but poor dealer support.

Ordered a 165 Efco from Baileys yesterday. Will let you know what I think of it in a week.
Someone told me it would have cutting performance similar to a 116si Dolmar. If so its a winner in my book.

Ordered a 165 Efco from Baileys yesterday. Will let you know what I think of it in a week.
Someone told me it would have cutting performance similar to a 116si Dolmar. If so its a winner in my book.

I believe a 162 would have been a bit better (more power, less weight)......:)

Back