Oleo Mac Chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oleo mac 271

i need your help guys - i am looking forward to get a oleo mac 271 and dont know anything about it - engine size, horse power etc - i woul dreally apreciate your help

There is a whole Oleo Mac thread out there if you look for it...

I have a 935 top handle saw that is handy up in the tree or the bucket...and now you will inspire me to get the 251 off the shelf and going again. I am sure that Olyman will be proud of me once it's going.

Mark

What about parts for the oylmpyk's? Like P&C's and body parts incase I ever own one. I was just curious and started looking around the net for parts sources and very very slim pickings from my searching.

What about parts for the oylmpyk's? Like P&C's and body parts incase I ever own one. I was just curious and started looking around the net for parts sources and very very slim pickings from my searching.
Parts are available from any Efco dealer, Baileys being one. IPL's available online at the Efco website.

thanx

thank you everybody for the existing forum; i have no idea about chainsaws, but just need one for once in a while and i got an offer for a brand new 271 for 350€ (in spain, chainsaw aint cheap at all) and comparing to jonsered 2171 (cant get a better that 600€ deal) i am into buying the oleo mac 271 for 350 € - i am not a profesional forester, but instead paying the same amount of money for a smal 35ccengine stihl or huskie, i see better option the oleo 271 - need your opinion, as i see you guys know much better about chainsaws

engine

how many horse power the oleo mac 271 has? are they 8 or i am wrong (seem to me too much for this saw)

no pic

besides , i cannot find a picture of the oleo mac 271 on the whole internet

don't know the size ,every time i ring the old bloke and ask he goes down to the shed and comes back asking me what was the question:deadhorse::deadhorse:so i give up ,next time i go to bundy i'll take some snaps for future ref

OK its been awhile since i replied to this thread but its been along time since i have seen the olds,as promised here are the pics(please ignore dads top cover hold down modd):redface:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 225955
Has anybody ever head of these chainsaws? Where are they made and sold? I never heard of these saws before.

have an oleo mac....962 professional saw.... there designed in new zealand...made in italy... theres alot of saws out there now the same...wih just a different name etc in america or europe....

there a brillant saw! best saw every had so far..... fast cutting....strong and robust... theres new models out now like the 982... dont know what there like...? thinking about gettin one instead of a stihl 460....
still called oleo mac here in ireland.

Last edited:
I have a 156 Efco. Great running, easy starting, and much stronger than you would think for a saw of this size. Would love to have a bigger one. Maybe the 7200. Ported I believe it would be a fabulous saw. Can get one for around $600. Great deal. Only concern is the rev limited coil.

Just got my hands on a saw labeled "Super 380", I think. The tag is faded. Seems tanklike. Good compression, lacks a clutch. Not listed on Acres. Caught my eye because it was unusual.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a clutch for that one. The 281/282/284/481/482/484 share a lot of parts so I'm sure yours is included in that mix?

Chainsawr seems to agree with you. Looks like less than 50 bones for all the hardware to complete this beast. Should be interesting. Also noted on further inspection that the AV has been disabled. I'm guessing that the bushings were hard to find. Chainsawr has those too but I'm not sure if the mounts are still useable. No matter, a new-to-me saw is still an adventure.

By the by - good to see the lot of you all today! It was like an impromptu GTG there in Aberdeen! If only we had a couple logs to cut on and a grill going...

Chainsawr seems to agree with you. Looks like less than 50 bones for all the hardware to complete this beast. Should be interesting. Also noted on further inspection that the AV has been disabled. I'm guessing that the bushings were hard to find. Chainsawr has those too but I'm not sure if the mounts are still useable. No matter, a new-to-me saw is still an adventure.

By the by - good to see the lot of you all today! It was like an impromptu GTG there in Aberdeen! If only we had a couple logs to cut on and a grill going...

That was great to meet you, Fraser, and Sheldon for sure...I dunno about running saws though. I'm pretty burnt out on running saws. I think I'll watch you
guys cut wood and live vicariously.

Latest posts

Back