Oleo Mac Chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance of a photo? I'm not familiar with a "Super 380".

OOPS -- "Super 280", I mean.

Here y'go.

This shows why I am calling it a "Super 280" even though I can't find a reference to it on the internet:

temporary-9.jpg

The next two show why I think the A/V is disabled; note the space where the bolt pulls the handle tight to the chassis, and the empty hole where the bushing would go:

temporary-10.jpg

temporary-15.jpg

Overview of the shape of the thing:

temporary-13.jpg

Muffler:

temporary-12.jpg

That's pretty much all I know about this thing so far.

That is an odd one you got there. I have IPL's for the 284. If that clutch is the same as the 284/272 clutch I have one I could spare. That saw resembles the 261, and 480 series more than the 284/272. If you have a picture of that AV, I may have that also. I have a carcuss of a 261 in the shed.

I have an Oleo-Mac 355af. For the longest time I thought it was a Husqvarna (since all labels other than the 355 are missing). Only found out it was an Oleo-mac when I had searched for days to find a replacement bar for Husqvarna that would fit the mounting pattern. As for the saw, it is a 355, 3/8 pitch, .050 gauge, 20" bar with 72 links. SAE specks it out at 7hp (seems absurd to me) and 15 lbs. it is definitely a cutting SOB, but does occasionally lack the torque to keep the chain moving when I really bear down on a thick log. It is most definitely a reliable saw though. I find it much easier to start cold than my Stihls, and I have had to do zero maintenance to it in several years of running it. All in all, it's a heavy duty beast that works great for felling trees and chopping logs, just have a lighter, smaller saw handy for your limbing work or your back will hate you!

Back