Olympyk 264 F Deluxe Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraspecialman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I came across a good buy today on an Olympyk 264 F Deluxe saw.Started right up with about 3 pulls,idles good .Has no bar and chain and needs an air filter and a sprocket.Bought it for $60.00.I checked a site for info on this saw,showed it had 7.5 HP.Now I know that aint right,so can anybody tell me the HP rating for this saw?61ccs sound about right,no argument there.But a 61 cc with 7.5 HP would even kick a Stihl 361s butt.And we all know thats impossible.Saw is a bit on the heavy side,even with no bar and chain,but feels solidly built

It very well may smear a 361 Stihl in larger wood. As far as the HP goes, it all depends how it is calculated. Search, it has been covered before.

me too

My neighbor just gave me a 264. At least I think it's a 264 after measuring the bore and stroke. The saw was totally encrusted in gunk, but I managed to clean it up and get some measurements. My goal with this saw is to make it a decent runner that I won't mind using in harsh conditions like under water or on the moon.

I had to scrape the base gasket off the cylinder and block since the base gasket shredded when I pulled the jug. I also have to scrape about 0.040" of carbon from the exhaust port if I'm going to get reasonable port timing numbers.

I had enough time before dinner to check the squish and (without the base gasket!) it was 0.039". So, I'm thinking at least 0.015" and maybe even 0.019" can be milled from the base and still leave a decent squish of about twenty thousandths.

I'll get the port timing numbers ASAP. Once it's cleaned up, I'll get some "before" times, then deck it and port it, and get some "after" times.

Right awn! Always like to hear about people experimenting with saws. I bet that 264 flat out rips when it is tightened up and ported. Let me know if you need any advice/help porting it.

Josh

some pictures

Well, once the 2 or 3 pounds of gunk was cleaned off the saw, I got some port timing numbers then put it back together to get some cut times.

Here are the numbers:
intake: 143 degrees duration
transfers: 118 degrees duration
exhaust: 158 degrees duration

The saw runs pretty well, especially with the crappy round ground chain. The bar needs tightening up as well: I could probably run a harvester chain on this thing. Once the videos are done being processed by youtube, I'll embed them here.

I have some pictures....

I'm going to try to embed the you tube video here. Let's see...hopefully this works. The wood here is some soft white poplar. I need to get the times on the cuts and then fire up the porting tools.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ei8tnglev0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ei8tnglev0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yup...get that spike off the saw...get some bigger, firmer wood...make some test cuts on video. Port it and enjoy the difference. Oly saws mod real good from my experience.

Back