Olympyk Efco cross reference help 284f and jd cs81/efco 181

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlGuitar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any Efco / Olympyk officianados out there? Wondering if the 284f and the John Deere cs81 (I believe it is the Efco 181) have the same stroke. I have a cs81 that has a questionable spot on the cylinder, put a Stihl 064 piston in it (they appear identical) and it runs from cold start, but is difficult to tune and won't start after its been run a while..I think the piston is scoring. I want to know if I can put the 284 top end on the JD.

Any Efco / Olympyk officianados out there? Wondering if the 284f and the John Deere cs81 (I believe it is the Efco 181) have the same stroke. I have a cs81 that has a questionable spot on the cylinder, put a Stihl 064 piston in it (they appear identical) and it runs from cold start, but is difficult to tune and won't start after its been run a while..I think the piston is scoring. I want to know if I can put the 284 top end on the JD.

Does the 284 run or is it a parts saw? I have one that cuts very well with a 20" bar on it and may be interested it what is left after you remove the top end.

Back