Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lingham

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how many AS members are located in Ontario Canada.
What saws do you have and use?
What do you use the saws for? Cutting your firewood, Logging, etc.
Are you a a saw collector? Do you sell saws?

I live in Belleville Ontario and I cut lots of fire wood using Husqvarna 50, 262xp and 372xp, I also own camp property for hunting and fishing and atv riding.

Hope to hear from some folks, Thanks

Regards

I am way down here in Essex county. Cleaning up my overgrown fencelines for firewood. 262xp 285cd and 162 se husqvarna

Good to hear from you. I'm new on this site and this is my first post.
Yes I find Husqvarna dealers are spreading out. I drive about an hour to get to a good one. (may be one closer I don't know of)
Husqvarna makes dealers mad, and frustrated so they switch over to selling stihls, the goods stihl saws are a 100 bucks cheaper and Stihl does a better job looking after the dealers.

Just a little to the north of you ...... in Campbellford
Cut for home use, mostly off neighbours fence lines ...

by the way .. just Ontario in profiles is not very descriptive... Ontario is very big ... I am 22 hours from the Manitoba border, 6 1/2 hours from Windsor and 4 hours from the Quebec border, 8 hours driving + many hours of boring train ride to Moosenee

Last edited:
I Moved from Madoc to Branford Nov 2010

I have a Stihl: 046, 270, 031AV
Pioneer 1073 X 2
Johnsered 590 with 490 topend

I'm itchin to cut wood. Used to heat my house in Madoc with wood, and sold some wood to fund my chainsaw habbit.

Now I really only get to cut about 1 wk a year. Family owns 200 acres up in Denbeigh. I used to cut for Me, Parents, and Uncle during that week. Now its just for my parents and uncle.

At some point we should consider having a GTG for the Ontario folks.....

Cheers!

Good to hear from you. I'm new on this site and this is my first post.
Yes I find Husqvarna dealers are spreading out. I drive about an hour to get to a good one. (may be one closer I don't know of)
Husqvarna makes dealers mad, and frustrated so they switch over to selling stihls, the goods stihl saws are a 100 bucks cheaper and Stihl does a better job looking after the dealers.

The guy in Stirling (20 min) is pretty good.... Forget his name, Macintosh I think.
The Old Co-Op Stores in Madoc and Tweed also sell Husky parts and saws (35 min)

Rowan, I bet you know how I came up my screen name then! Can't live in Madoc and not know that lake. I know a bunch of people from Madoc
Good to hear from you. All that wooded area north of Madoc is a great playground, our property is close together.

GTG sounds good, hoping to hear from as many as possible

Yes, your right about those dealers, but I did think the co-op in Madoc closed. I really like Allisons in Birds Creek, North of Bancroft, and find myself going out of my way, lol

Rowan, I bet you know how I came up my screen name then! Can't live in Madoc and not know that lake. I know a bunch of people from Madoc
Good to hear from you. All that wooded area north of Madoc is a great playground, our property is close together.

GTG sounds good, hoping to hear from as many as possible

I certainly do know where your name came from.... Its a good lake. You know that's one of the things I miss most about the move... it that area you can't travel more than 10 minutes without tripping over a lake. Here there really aren't any. A few rivers, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, and a few man made lakes.....

That's funny, I'm sure we likely know some of the same people... I'm originally from Tweed, my parents and sister still live there.

RE: GTG It would be good. Not sure, but could likely host it at our camp in Denbeigh (would have to talk it over, its a multi-owner camp).... its no Hilton, propane lights/outhouse, etc. but there are 8 beds and lots of ground for tents.... Its in the middle of nowhere so noise will definately not be an issue. And with 200 acres, there's no shortage of wood to play with.

Lets see where this thread goes..... perhaps we'll get enough interest.

Can call it the Rage against the Forest GTG. Yeah better to cut the trees down at your camp than mine:msp_w00t:
A tornado knocked all our trees down. I cut through blow down three times this fall and we still cant hunt our property right.

Can call it the Rage against the Forest GTG. Yeah better to cut the trees down at your camp than mine:msp_w00t:
A tornado knocked all our trees down. I cut through blow down three times this fall and we still cant hunt our property right.

So was that the F2 that went through Cobaconk and McArthers a few years back? If so my wife's grandparents property was trashed in that one also... lost the house, barn, 5 out buildings, 20 acres of cedar, and 40~ acres of sugar maple.... what a shame.

Hi all. Very first post on AS so I'd like to thank all members here for the great info AND lottsa entertainment:msp_biggrin:. I live north of Napanee (1/2 hour drive to Belleville). Mostly cut firewood for myself and like to help friends cut, just to use saws and be in the bush. My main saw is an ancient 026 which replaced an old 025 which I still still have. I've also tried my hand at milling(thanks to AS) with an Alaskan mini mill I purchased from Lee Valley in Ottawa. I've got lots of cedar which is soft and easy to mill. My saws are adequate for my needs, but being on AS is giving me a lot of "chainsaw envy":dizzy:

So was that the F2 that went through Cobaconk and McArthers a few years back? If so my wife's grandparents property was trashed in that one also... lost the house, barn, 5 out buildings, 20 acres of cedar, and 40~ acres of sugar maple.... what a shame.

Thats the one!

I,m from Barrie ON, and have the following:
Stihl MS 440 Magnum
Stihl MS 170
Stihl 026
Stihl 024
Stihl 020 AV (restoration stage)
Husky 346 XP

Mostly cut firewood for my parents and clean up any fallen or dead trees on my lot.

Last edited:
Hi all. Very first post on AS so I'd like to thank all members here for the great info AND lottsa entertainment:msp_biggrin:. I live north of Napanee (1/2 hour drive to Belleville). Mostly cut firewood for myself and like to help friends cut, just to use saws and be in the bush. My main saw is an ancient 026 which replaced an old 025 which I still still have. I've also tried my hand at milling(thanks to AS) with an Alaskan mini mill I purchased from Lee Valley in Ottawa. I've got lots of cedar which is soft and easy to mill. My saws are adequate for my needs, but being on AS is giving me a lot of "chainsaw envy":dizzy:

Good to hear from you. I too purchased an Alaskan from LeeValley. It is the little 24" one, and I like it. I milled a bunch of Balsm Fir with it and made Board and Batton with it to re-do two sheds in my backyard. In my mind, it paid for itself. Also use it to make camp lumber, thats easier than hauling cut lumber in with an ATV.

Regards,

I'm up in Timmins. I run a small mineral exploration company that does contract line cutting, claim staking & prospecting in Northern Ontario & Quebec. Most of my saw time is for line cutting, but I also cut 10-15 cords a year to heat my home and a little bit of milling white pine or black ash for furniture here and there. I have 3 346XP's and an MS261 for line cutting & an MS460 for milling.

Bellville,Ontario

I am wondering how many AS members are located in Ontario Canada.
What saws do you have and use?
What do you use the saws for? Cutting your firewood, Logging, etc.
Are you a a saw collector? Do you sell saws?

I live in Belleville Ontario and I cut lots of fire wood using Husqvarna 50, 262xp and 372xp, I also own camp property for hunting and fishing and atv riding.

Hope to hear from some folks, Thanks

Regards
I don't live up that way,but,I have friends that just moved back (last summer)to Brockville. I get up there now and then.Beautiful country.
RR

Stirling just to your north here. Husqvarna 576XPG,288xp and the mighty 137-MM . On here cause I have to many teenagers around to look @ ####

Back