Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playinwood, thanks for the comment on Marlbank, I would like to check that out.

Re: Marlbank,

Sorry if these are dumb Q's, but I have never gone to an event like that so I don't know

Is there saw competition catagories for stock saws and modified?
Do people in the stock saw catagory need to have there saw examined by officials before they are cleared to compete?

"Sleeper" peaked my interest ?

Thanks, Regards

Playinwood, thanks for the comment on Marlbank, I would like to check that out.

Re: Marlbank,

Sorry if these are dumb Q's, but I have never gone to an event like that so I don't know

Is there saw competition catagories for stock saws and modified?
Do people in the stock saw catagory need to have there saw examined by officials before they are cleared to compete?

"Sleeper" peaked my interest ?

Thanks, Regards

Ya, "sleeper" is a saw that's pushing the rules a little for the class that it's in. Playinwood had a 2165 J-Red that sounded a little warm to me:msp_tongue: Marlbank had lots of saw classes, 50, 60, 70, 80cc work saws; 5 cube pipe, open hotsaw, and two provided stock saw casses- one husky and one stihl. I had a great time. as for the "sleepers", racing is racing.......everyone is trying their own tricks to get a little faster. Nothing wrong with that!

Ya, "sleeper" is a saw that's pushing the rules a little for the class that it's in. Playinwood had a 2165 J-Red that sounded a little warm to me:msp_tongue: Marlbank had lots of saw classes, 50, 60, 70, 80cc work saws; 5 cube pipe, open hotsaw, and two provided stock saw casses- one husky and one stihl. I had a great time. as for the "sleepers", racing is racing.......everyone is trying their own tricks to get a little faster. Nothing wrong with that![/QUOTE]

Always the "diplomat" !!!!!!!!!!!! :msp_razz:

Steve

Ya, "sleeper" is a saw that's pushing the rules a little for the class that it's in. Playinwood had a 2165 J-Red that sounded a little warm to me:msp_tongue: Marlbank had lots of saw classes, 50, 60, 70, 80cc work saws; 5 cube pipe, open hotsaw, and two provided stock saw casses- one husky and one stihl. I had a great time. as for the "sleepers", racing is racing.......everyone is trying their own tricks to get a little faster. Nothing wrong with that![/QUOTE]

Always the "diplomat" !!!!!!!!!!!! :msp_razz:

Steve

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones, and my walls are pretty friggin clear!

Some of them Homies were very well tuned, its amazing the power they got out of stock saws back in the seventies!:biggrin:

Les, I think you ran Jeff's J-Red that day didn't you? I think he handed that thing to the biggest guy he could find, hoping maybe the lynch mob would go after you instead of him.....

Les, I think you ran Jeff's J-Red that day didn't you? I think he handed that thing to the biggest guy he could find, hoping maybe the lynch mob would go after you instead of him.....

No that was my screwup, I ran the 361 in 0-60 by mistake I wanted to run it in 0-70,I knew that 2159 had to be run so I handed it to the small african village Les, he ran it and liked it.I didn't want to run my 2171 in the 0-70 class because its 71cc. A 372 did win that class if I recall, a brand new stock one at that.

I still didn't do very well, I needed better chain(check) and a few more saws to play with the big boys (workin on it) and to revamp my little saw (check)

I'm ready...
Hope you guys can make it,

Last edited:
For you guys that live in Goderich or the big smoke, Brechin just north of Pfefferlaw/Sutton/Beaverton South of Orillia area on the east shore of Simcoe is hosting a pretty high end Timbersports show the 2nd week of June I believe.
That will be good entertainment.

Yup, nice saw, I think I placed 3-4th with it, if I was a little smoother operator it would have been a 1st, the saw was there. That show had some pretty good saws at it.

My problem also Les...
maybe I shoulda turned the hot handles on.

Some decent saws, but I feel those guys just know how to run saws. IMO

Don't forget the girls, Bills daughter handles a saw pretty well, she sent a few men muttering from the block!:biggrin: I know I had fun, and hope to make it back again. I like the racing without all the drama, thats the way it should be, if we aren't having fun what the hell are we doing it for?

Don't forget the girls, Bills daughter handles a saw pretty well, she sent a few men muttering from the block!:biggrin: I know I had fun, and hope to make it back again. I like the racing without all the drama, thats the way it should be, if we aren't having fun what the hell are we doing it for?

And not too hard to look at either.........:msp_wub: :redface:

Steve

Latest posts

Back