Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i'm a hermit that lives for work:hmm3grin2orange: haven't been anywhere that work hasn't sent me:laugh:
i'm trying to get time to go to a show or 2

well, you gotta quit that **** and get out and play! Here's the thread from the last Ontario GTG at Timberwolf's, maybe it'll fire you guys up and get another one going!.................

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/105375.htm

I live in Toronto but all my (running) saws are at our cottage in the Washago/Rama area, about 20 minutes north of Orillia. Complete newbie.

I only picked up my first chainsaw maybe 9 months ago, since then I quickly got addicted. Started looking at saws because I was interested in milling some trees my neighbour gave me. Now I'm up at night studying chainsaw repair manuals and making up my own loops of chain.

My first saw I bought was a new MS250 I brought to cut up the inevitable branches and bigger that fall down on the property every year. My other runners are two 076es, a P62, Echo CS8000, and JD CS81, all of which I got used. The 076es are my milling saws. Still kicking myself about the 090 I didn't buy on Kijiji a while back, mostly because a really knowledgeable Stihl tech told me they were a PITA.

Then I have more than 10 saws that are project saws, some of them missing a few parts. I had about 5 266es but a couple had rotted crankcases. My goal is to one day get at least one running saw out of that pile.

Troops..
Hullo..
Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, oh ya, work got in the way..
I am down south here in Niagara..
Stihl 009L, 261, 290, 362 and climbing..
Cheers to all..

Deal Alert!

Anyone in eastern end of Province might be interested to know that the Husky dealer in Napanee has those Husky saw boxes on for half price- $29.99!

Anyone know of a dealer with any decent sales or promos on right now? Am looking for a 55 to 60cc saw. Missed a used 353 on Kijiji for $200 the other day!:mad2:

Am looking for a 55 to 60cc saw. Missed a used 353 on Kijiji for $200 the other day!:mad2:

I believe I saw that one, $200 PHO and an extra $25 for the bar/chain, right? Husky 353 is a 50cc saw though, so are you looking for 50 to 60cc then?

Hey guys,

First post here, been lurking for a few months:biggrinbounce2:

CS56
CS62
MS361
MS460

Also sell Stihl

Tx for all the great info on this site!!!

I believe I saw that one, $200 PHO and an extra $25 for the bar/chain, right? Husky 353 is a 50cc saw though, so are you looking for 50 to 60cc then?

For 200 clams I would have settled for a 50cc. Also missed a 372 in Mississauga for $350...looked newish and clean! Guess you have to have your money in hand and be ready to go when these deals come up!

For 200 clams I would have settled for a 50cc. Also missed a 372 in Mississauga for $350...looked newish and clean! Guess you have to have your money in hand and be ready to go when these deals come up!

I corresponded with that guy about the 372... it wasn't $350. That was the amount he claimed to have spent getting it all rebuilt. He was actually looking for $550.

I finally got that lathe home over the weekend, what is the best stuff to clean it up with, its starting to rust.

YIKES !!!! I have mine lightly sprayed down with white lithium grease. It is a pain to use in the winter in the freezing shop but worth it to ward off the "nasties" (rust).

Steve

YIKES !!!! I have mine lightly sprayed down with white lithium grease. It is a pain to use in the winter in the freezing shop but worth it to ward off the "nasties" (rust).

Steve

I need to get it cleaned up before it gets any worse I figured you would know what use to minimize the damage.

Hey Guys!

I'm 20 minutes east of London. I have several Stihl saws for working - 260, 046, 660 and 070. I mainly cut for fun and to help friends/family who heat with wood. I like fixing saws almost as much as running them. Most everything I own was given a 2nd chance at life. I've also come to like collecting older Pioneer saws. I'm working on an old IEL RA now but have a few other saws of that era in my collection.

Back