Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you guys get your tools and parts ? I've been looking for some things like a breaker and spinner ... Ended up putting in an order with Cutters choice for their cheapest spinnr but never heard back from them which is not comforting.Was thinking about talking to a Husqvarna dealer and seeing how much the Husky spinner is. I've also ordered from Banta saw, and in the US "Choo Choo lawn equipment" and Baileys.

I've dealt with Cutters Choice for several years and have no reservation about them. Call in the morning and the order goes out that day. Why not just phone them and ask how your order was shipped, get a response anyway, then ask for the tracking number.
Banta is good too as is Bailey's. Just be careful on the International shipping to Canada.

I've dealt with Cutters Choice for several years and have no reservation about them. Call in the morning and the order goes out that day. Why not just phone them and ask how your order was shipped, get a response anyway, then ask for the tracking number.
Banta is good too as is Bailey's. Just be careful on the International shipping to Canada.

Thanks sunset. Called them in the morning, they said they would send it out today. I asked about confirmation emails on shipping, and the gentleman I spoke to think that was a weird question.... that they don't send them out, which is a little unusual.

I did place an order from Baileys a while back and the shipping charges were quite reasonable.

Bump

From Tillsonburg, I just help the old man and my brother cut firewood and take care of their saws. I have a blue Dolkita 6000i, old man has a Jred 2166 and the brother runs a 562xp.

Just picked up a 288xp recently that needs a new piston and I have a bunch of other parts saws that I plan on putting together.

Bump

From Tillsonburg, I just help the old man and my brother cut firewood and take care of their saws. I have a blue Dolkita 6000i, old man has a Jred 2166 and the brother runs a 562xp.

Just picked up a 288xp recently that needs a new piston and I have a bunch of other parts saws that I plan on putting together.

"My back still aches when I hear that word" :)

Steve

I'm on the border of Grey and Bruce Counties in Ontario. Stihl dominates among professional users. I have recently acquired an Echo 80cc saw, and I would highly recommend the Echo CS 800 as a "big" saw for it's price and warranty.

Firewood is sold by the face cord (8' x 4' x 13-16"), but I try to convert to "bush" cord since I know 4 x 4 x 8 cords are standard almost everywhere else.

People request firewood that's mostly maple if possible. Forests are fairly sparse in trees over 24", through I did take about 15 000 board feet in hard maple this spring where the average was maybe 30".

My firewood business lives on a diet of 8" to 18" logs that mostly arrive by the truckload. I have also been on the other end for many years...falling trees that end up filling these truckloads.

Heads up guys, looks like a "you suck" saw on kijiji!

Husky 2100 full wrap for $145

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-outdoor-tool...aw/1078087609?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Husqvarna 2100 CD 36 inch bar chainsaw

$_35.JPG

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG

Date Listed 06-Jun-15
Price
$145.00

Address Madoc, ON K0K 2K0

View map

For Sale By Owner

Husqvarna 2100 CD chainsaw
99cc
7hp
36 inch bar

Anybody interested in a group buy? Its been on kijiji for a few weeks and the price was at $700.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/b...ws/1120784656?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

Not sure entirely what all is in there but it might make it possible for some guys to feed their CAD.

Arrange to go see the saws, figure out who wants in, split the cost, then have a "draft". Could be a lot of fun and a good way to meet some folks.

I've tagged some of the Ontario guys that I could think of off the top of my head but this is no means an exclusive invitation! @pioneerman @tallguys @fossil @leecopland @nitehawk55

Anybody interested?

Ok. I have no idea what's all in the pile either, didn't see a lot that is interesting, but who knows what might be in there.

Thanks for the reply.

Newmarket here. I am up for a GTG I also work at a dealer so I am able to get tools etc. saws in the signature.

I'm in Paris, on the border of Oxford and Brant counties. My main saws are in my sig. I mostly cut firewood for myself, my folks and for any friends that need a hand. I love fixing up saws almost as much as I like running them. I'm currently looking for an 044 or ms440 project. I'm hoping to find something with a fried top end.....I want to try building a hybrid.:chainsaw:

I'm in Paris, on the border of Oxford and Brant counties. My main saws are in my sig. I mostly cut firewood for myself, my folks and for any friends that need a hand. I love fixing up saws almost as much as I like running them. I'm currently looking for an 044 or ms440 project. I'm hoping to find something with a fried top end.....I want to try building a hybrid.:chainsaw:

I think I have seen your ad on kijijijiji Not an easy saw to find. Got an 028 suppa you might be able to purchase. hint@!

I think I have seen your ad on kijijijiji Not an easy saw to find. Got an 028 suppa you might be able to purchase. hint@!
Yup that's me. I've got a real nice 460 jug just need to get a piston for it. Oh and the 044 or 440...lol. I need a winter project. :):chainsaw:

I'd love to find a basket case 044. I like rebuilding saws and really don't mind if it needs a lot of work. As long as the case and crank are good I can repair or replace the rest.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

I live in Brampton. I collect saws, do a little cutting for personal firewood.

Anybody interested in a group buy? Its been on kijiji for a few weeks and the price was at $700.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/b...ws/1120784656?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

Not sure entirely what all is in there but it might make it possible for some guys to feed their CAD.

Arrange to go see the saws, figure out who wants in, split the cost, then have a "draft". Could be a lot of fun and a good way to meet some folks.

I've tagged some of the Ontario guys that I could think of off the top of my head but this is no means an exclusive invitation! @pioneerman @tallguys @fossil @leecopland @nitehawk55

Anybody interested?

Looking at that pile, the only saws I see that interest me are a Poulan 4200 or 5200 and an S25CVA. Most of what I see is fairly pedestrian stuff.

You never know though. It would be a fun pile to pick through.

I have a variety of older saws from the 50's through the late 80's early 90's. No brand loyalty here. I like most all of them. Most of them run well. Still a few to fix up.

Back