Opinions on fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way it sounds in the us, aviation fuel sounds only slightly less expensive compared to the larger gallon premix brands here. I would choose that way before thinking one second about exposing myself out of my free will to lead...

Local fuel price for AVGAS at my regional airport was a little bit over $4 per gallon. Last time I bought TruFuel no ethanol 40:1 I paid $5.50 for 1/4 of a gallon (32 ounces). I can buy 89 octane Recreational fuel here in Michigan that is a non-ethanol gas. Problem with this fuel is that it is hour round trip to buy the non ethanol gas. Price was $3.29 a gallon. Regular 89 octane 10% ethanol fuel was $2.39/gallon. You do the math. I just bought 12.5 gallons for the summer and the fuel is stored in old school (pre CARB) sealable gas cans. Best part is the Sunoco gas station with non ethanol fuel is on the way to an outlet mall my wife likes to visit every few months.

Puregas.org has a state-by-state list of ethanol free "recreational fuel". Michigan considers it as fit for recreational vehicles.

Back