Opinions on John Deere J3816

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pleas read the end before reacting

what in heck happened to my post .
darin surely u could tell i was just cuttin up. i would have to agree the man needs to liten up a little. by deleting my post it sounds like u also thought i was meaning some kind of offensive thing.
which i did not intend. lifes to short to walk around with a long face. shees.
by the way ,no offence intended bunyon.
thats not my game. iive offended people cause i believe in sayin what i think,instead of stroking folks an telling them ,what they want to hear.case in point ,when huskyman pointed out that the 266 husky was 15 cc bigger than the
028. ididnt mind admitting that with that information i was probably wrong about the 028 being as strong as the 266.didnt have a thing to do with pride just what i determined to be the truth.an truth will set u free. and shouldnt be wrong cutting up w somebody.again im sorry u took it wrong. dam just read your last post darin. this startin to get funny aint it.
so i plead guilty to jumping the gun,sorry again

Last edited:
by deleting some of the posts, I just thought we could get rid of the junk from this post. Nothing was really too offensive, I just thought if the stuff to argue was gone maybe we could get back to the point. I left most of the stuff that said basically lighten up. I mean Bunyan is a good name, actually when tony said it I thought it would have been a compliment. Paul Bunyan isn't a slap in the face, now Pauly Shore, that may be. Again, tony wasn't trying to make people upset by removing posts but that was the only way to clean this up. Don't stop having fun guys.

thanks darin . i think we all appreciate the good job u do. it aint always easy ,i know.i dont know what bunyon jr said as i missed it ,but i really was playin with the famous story.bunyon ,u are new ,no hard feelins here.

I don't know the history behind this whole post. I probably read the last page of it. But I do know as long as I've been on this list Tony Marks has been a model poster. Always with a response and never negative. I don't know what went on here, and I've typed too much now to start over, ...all I'm saying is like gypo or somebody said, "whe're all brothers of the chainsaw" whether we fall trees, trim trees, or work outside trees, working at computers whatever. We've got something special going on here. All the knowledge that is on this list coming from all different sections of the country, Jeez, Ya'll lighten up.

JD3816

Hello Everyboby,I have enjoyed your threads the short time I've been involved.But, I must say,This is by far the Best I've read.I have Laughed so hard my eyes watered and my wife thought something was wrong with me(besides all the regular things she's use to). I have really enjoyed. Thanks, MIKEY

Sedanman..thanks for the offer to come up and run some of your saws. After I have had a chance to visit some of my local dealers(Husky and Stihl)I will let you know if I'm going to make the trip up your neck of woods. As for painting myself into a corner, I don't exactly see that I am doing that. AS Dennis has pointed out, you often have to wade through a lot of crap on this site before you get to anything of substance. If I do "paint myself into a corner" then I guess I will just wait for the paint to dry!!!!!!!!

Tony...no hard feeligs here either. Here is a history on my latest saw purchase. I got a John Deere from Home Depot that I have owned for about a week. As a result of learning from people at this site, I have discovered that it is a Homelite saw "in disguise". I did not want to run the saw, since if I do, Home Depot will give me a hard time if I decide to return it. ( I realize that I am a very honest person and that includes having the willingness to honestly admit to myself and others what I do and don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if someone now posts a reply like,"see the guy buys saws at Home Depot, he is not a professional." That kind of idiotic rhetoric is what makes me laugh. And I can take it in stride and respond to it accordingly.) Anyway,my saw purchase is what brought me to this site. I am more than happy to learn from you or anyone else on this site. And I am more than happy to joke, crack, insult, have fun etc with anyone on this site. That doesn't mean that I am going to put my tail between my legs and just accept when people give me grief on this site, simply because I am "the new guy". I thought we were all having fun and some of us were also making some poignant and entertaining comments along the way. I like this site a lot and will keep returning. I am also a "good soldier" and can accept whatever decisions the moderator(s) make.

appreciate the kind words mike,and concur with your statements about this forum.just glad we have this type of asset.
jr ,i suspect u are a man that just got started off on the wrong foot..i been their believe me.
my experience is that time will take care of it ,and the paint will dry . later now ,no hard feelings

Last edited:
Newfie...that was a very emotional post. Sounds like you know something about being condescending and abusive. It's ok. I think you are a nice guy, and you think I am a jerk. But wait a minute, maybe we're both wrong!!

Hey, Bunyyan,

My two cents in this is that you must like and feel comfortable with the equipment you are using for any job. This way you will always feel good about using it and treat it with the respect it demands when using.

Good luck with your choice

Oh, yeah, always keep the chain sharp, and air filter clean!!

LMAO...this is funnier than pre clearwater...oops...maybe you guys didnt find that funny...I still laugh at john in the hottub..anyway...Bunyyan...welcome to OUR world...where the men are men and the sheep are afraid...(of gypo)...

-"why can't we all just get along?"

Originally posted by BUNYYAN JR
Newfie... I think you are a nice guy, and you think I am a jerk. But wait a minute, maybe we're both wrong!!

Or maybe you are both RIGHT! :laugh:

opinions

Bunyan, the only concern I have is this, I believe anyone who runs a chainsaw and does not know how to maintain it properly has no business running it. My advice, find out how. Ask the dealer ( always free). Read books, check websites, and last ,but not least, read the owner's manual. Then, when that little John Deere is still running years later, and you are telling us it is the best saw made, we may not agree, but we will have to respect your opinion.

JD3816

I agree with you Stihltech.Knowing how to maintain your tools/ equipment is very important.However,with a chainsaw,knowing correct/ safe operating techniques would be at the top of my list.Some people have trouble listening to good advice.Everbody learns from advice and practical experience or from MISTAKES. In the chainsaw world,mistakes usaully leave leave scars to remind us to listen to those who know.The saw size/ make is never more important than the knowledge of how to properly use it.There is good reason for professional chainsaws and home owner saws.A beginner, that knows it all, with a hotrod pro saw, that knows nothing of falling large trees is in for a learning experience.I'm done now,someone take me back where I came from. Mikey.

Wait a minute, Dennis! The reason God created woman was that he found that it was too hard to teach sheep to cook.

My researching of saw types is done for now. I purchased a Husky model 55. The full 55 with decompression valve, not the Rancher model. Saw has a 20" bar and I tested it on an 18" oak and the thing just ate!!!! Thanks to everyone for your input and advice. The John Deere is history. I returned it. And by the way, I am happy to report that I sustained no injuries!!! Very Happy With A Husky

3816 is in fact homelite model.go with a cs 36 or bigger model deere.cs models are built by efco and are good saws and can be bought alot cheaper on internet than stihls.they are just as good of saw,just not well know yet.future will prove that they are good,i'm sure of it.have run my friends cs56 and like it as much as my 357xp.only it cost 252 on ebay.

Back