• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Or Trade for Stihl 090G muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to see these made. I know it will not be an easy nor inexpensive endeavor but it will be well worth it

thanks for the reply Bill. I have machine shop experience, but none regarding getting parts cast, or Sheet Metal forming like a muffler. looks like a good opportunity for someone with the right fabrication connections. Maybe I can make Bushings for my egged out holes. I hope these parts come available for both of us. thanks-Joe

Phil,

You know there will be a lot of interest until the tire kickers sort themselves out. I need some and that is not tire kicking

Your "tire kickers" comments get old Bill. There are lots of us here who put our money where our mouths are and don't feel the need to be pricks along the way. You have no basis upon which to call me a tire kicker, and don't try to back out now and say you weren't directing that towards me - what you typed is clear. Phil knows I'm good on my word and if I say I'll buy one or two then I will; whether I need them or not.

No it was not directed towards you AT ALL your assumption is incorrect. If you made a run of custom parts based on what people said they wanted then had them back out after the parts were done you would understand. Do some searching here and look at the discussions on having 090G .404 gears made. See what you find.

I assumed nothing - I'm simply capable of reading & comprehension. Read my post and then yours that followed it. If that was not directed towards me, you did a poor job with your wording. It reads very clearly to me.

To be honest I had not even read your post until after you made your assumption. If I am going to make reference to a specific person I will normally quote what they said. Hence in the post I made I quoted Phil. The history of custom saw parts shows many folks want them until they are made then tend to back away.

Your "tire kickers" comments get old Bill. There are lots of us here who put our money where our mouths are and don't feel the need to be pricks along the way. You have no basis upon which to call me a tire kicker, and don't try to back out now and say you weren't directing that towards me - what you typed is clear. Phil knows I'm good on my word and if I say I'll buy one or two then I will; whether I need them or not.

I don't see where Bill's comments were directed towards you at all. Take a chill pill.

As for tire kickers, Yes there are many that will always say "YA I'LL TAKE ONE OR TWO" so you then
go through all the head aches and funds which aren't cheap to get these parts made and when done
you get no replies or folks that SAID they want said part don't need it now.
Been there done that on a chainsaw part I had made. Cost me a ton and sold less than half of what
should have been sold.

Lee

Lee,

You know very well what happens when you spend a ton on making custom parts then have guys back out. You were the first one I thought of when I posted on the subject. I know you spent a ton of money then had guys back out.

Back