Ordering directly from Granberg...Experences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do any of y'all have any first-hand experience with their customer service and/or lead times?

I recently (2 weeks ago) placed an order directly with Granberg, for a longer set of rails & handle. As of yet, I have not received any updates on my order neither via e-mail or their web-site account.

I have yet to call them, seeing as it is the first of the year and I'm sure things are back ordered....

I got a surprise this evening, my order from Granberg was sitting beside my front door...

I'm one happy camper for sure!

I'm just surprised I never received any communication/information past the order confirmation e-mail generated at the time of purchase. And the fact that the order status never updated via my account on their web site.

When I bought my MK III ordered it in 24" from Bailey's, after I used it for a couple years, I wanted to upgrade, I ordered some new risers and new rails to make it 36" directly from Granberg. They were very nice to deal with and the order was filled promptly and prices were reasonable. Very good outfit to deal with directly. Bailey's has always been good to me as well.

I ordered some replacement parts last month. No emails, no confirmation. Just showed up as they should. Prices were way better than baileys though. Only no free shipping. I ordered a parts kit of bolts and nuts and such. Baileys would have been 5x more expensive adding up all the parts.

Shop in town couldn't understand what I wanted cuz it wasn't in book!
$#%€ sakes...
I been trying to get metal for the past month at a metal shop in town they always closed. So I caved after shop couldn't understand my request called granberg by phone in my vehicle ordered 72" mill with add on 48" rails handle it was cheaper than my time in shop designing and welding ontop of metal costs. Even with shipping costs less bs..

They've always taken care of me. Northern Tool has the best price on the basic Granberg stuff that they carry and shipping is free. I prefer Granberg's rip chain if I don't make it. I never get emails from them or shipping notices. That is a downfall to me. I like to be in the loop I guess. I recently ordered a 190 link 3/8x.063 rip chain and 60" rail extension to handle a huge maple. Well, 9 days went by and nothing. I was too busy to notice it really. Anyways, I logged into my user account on their site, and I saw a note from them wanting me to verify the drive link count or something that was posted to the account the day after I ordered it. So for 8 days they made no effort to contact me. I was pretty leaved about that. Other than that I've been happy though. Their shipping prices are absurd though. It was $39.99 for UPS ground to ship that 60" rip chain and 60" extension kit. I've shipped high end insured guns that didn't run that much for shipping.

Latest posts

Back