Oregon® seeking professional loggers for product field testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got 3 rolls of chain 5 bars bunch of swag. .......................

na , got nuttin but a bunch of spam that i used to not get.

I hope it's not like Stihl's NDA. They require a life long commitment, a secret candle-light ceremony swearing allegiance to St Andreas, a pint of blood, the names of all your relatives, your personal history dating back to kindergarten, and being able to sing the company song..on key...in both English and German.
Kinda like joining the Mafia but with sauerkraut instead of pasta.
hmmm, might explain that mysterious lack of photos of any non-operational ms661.

Hi, all. Again, thank you for the outpouring of interest. There is a lot of information to sort through to try to match up folks with the right test opportunities, but I am getting very close to that point now. There are a few different tests coming up, so if the first one we share isn't ideal for you, let us know how so that we can do a better job matching for the next round.

For those that didn't provide a phone number, I will be following up with to get an email address so that I can send along important test program information. I want to stress that the last thing I would want is for this important group to get any unwanted email. This list is under encryption in engineering, and I have no intent to share it further.

I wish I had more time to surf this forum, but it isn't always the case. Once onboard, those that are in the test program will have a much more effective way of staying in touch, off-forum. As a tester, you will have direct access to an engineer responsible for the test.

Any of you other guys get selected for that new saw that uses pulsed energy to make the cut instead of chains?

I can't say too much about it because I clicked that little box saying I would only tell one person at a time and swear them to secrecy.;)

Mr. HE:cool:

Any of you other guys get selected for that new saw that uses pulsed energy to make the cut instead of chains?

I can't say too much about it because I clicked that little box saying I would only tell one person at a time and swear them to secrecy.;)

You got the PE saw? Dammit. I wanted that one. They stuck me with stone-age technology...the air blast nuclear plasma laser self leveling saw. It's a little clunky but the motorized all terrain transport and remote control with full presets is a nice feature. Kind of a pain having to wear the full hazmat bunny suit and submit to hourly geiger counter checks buts I guess that's the price we pay for technology.

Ssssshhhhh...don't tell anybody.

Well, I don't think you were supposed to say anything...but since you started it...

This one is nice and light, looks sorta' like a thick smartphone and only weighs about a pound. You adjust the bar length to the tree you are cutting by sliding a little bar on the touch screen. Sometimes the cut program doesn't load and then you have to reboot, kinda' a pain in the middle of a backcut! Main downside is the power cord and the 500kw genset you have to hook it to, that cord gets heavy, but dragging a cord sure beats wearing a bunny suit.

Anybody else been contacted lately got some info from them recently and completely forgot I even signed up for this almost been a year now
I did - they sent a fairly detailed survey about chainsaw use, then, at about 60% completion required a password to continue (!?!). I have no idea what this password might have been, and had to bail out. Assume that all of my input was lost. Sent them a note that I would still like to participate, but it would be helpful to ask for the password up front, or to give us one of those 'forgot password?' options in the survey.

Philbert

I have been testing harvester stuff for over a year now. It's legit and they are great to work with. It has been educational and informative talking with and meeting some of these guys. They have some great new stuff coming out for mechanical harvesting.

? not a word from them ... their chains seem to have a problem of stretch before 1/3rd wear!! the last 5 chains have all the same symptoms of pre wear out stretch on the rivets ! talked to my local dealer and they were stumped! tried a couple of the husky chains and no problem!!? wonder what's going on/ maybe it's something with quality and changing of hands/companies!?? bottom li9ne you know means everything ??!

That would be wierd, I'm pretty certain husky chain and Oregon are produced on the same line

I did a stretch benchmark test on harvester chain that was supposed to be stretching badly. I ran the shorts off of it and it didn't stretch much at all. Then it was mailed back to them for analysis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

@OREGON® has not posted here in well over a year, but I believe that some other Oregon employees do monitor some of the threads on sites like these, under various user names.

Since they contacted folks via email in the last week, they must still be interested, although, I know we are not the only source of field testers. I was contacted last year to try out some new bar and chains, but could not commit to fully 'using up' the chain within the time frame needed (I just do not cut that much!). They wanted someone to compare wear and lifespan to some existing models, in actual use.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...d-arborists-for-product-field-testing.265256/
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...-homeowners-for-product-field-testing.265257/

Philbert

Latest posts

Back