Oregon Forestry Helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you plan on carrying the Oregon helmet? I am interested in one, but was hoping to buy from you if possible.

I'm considering carrying some of Oregon's new accessorries. Have you seen the helmet in person? Was there something particular about it that you liked?

I'm considering carrying some of Oregon's new accessorries. Have you seen the helmet in person? Was there something particular about it that you liked?

I haven't seen it in person, so I will have to order one. The Oregon helmet system is made my Bilsom Leight, I have some of their other products and have been very pleased with the quality. I like the full metal screen mesh, the black mesh on other helmets hurts my eyes and makes it hard to focus. The Rockman helmet has different mesh on the sides, and it blocks peripheral vision. I have an Elvex helmet with a similar setup as the Rockman and don't even use the face shield for that reason.

I have been looking into the Peltor G2000 helmet system too. The visor is one size of mesh. I see you carry the cheaper version, but have you thought about carrying this model? Here is the Peltor:

20050919153526.jpg

Good info. Yeah, I'll order an Oregon helmet and check it out. Interesting point about the different types of mesh and screens.

As for the Peltor I've seen the G2000, but it seems like it is mostly sold abroad. Unfortunately Peltor is now owned by the gigantic 3M which means it is impossible to get any kind of answer to a question like that. I'll look into it.

Honestly I've switched between different helmet systems several times now. I know Elvex has a new one coming out very soon too.

Last edited:
Good info. Yeah, I'll order an Oregon helmet and check it out. Interesting point about the different types of mesh and screens.

As for the Peltor I've seen the G2000, but it seems like it is mostly sold abroad. Unfortunately Peltor is now owned by the gigantic 3M which means it is impossible to get any kind of answer to a question like that. I'll look into it.

Honestly I've switched between different helmet systems several times now. I know Elvex has a new one coming out very soon too.

I know Madsen's sells the G2000, and seen a couple in person so you might be able to get them. The Oregon looks just as good, if not better in regards to the mesh screen. I am not very impressed with Elvex's setup, very odd to work and hope they re-do it properly.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the Oregon system. If you like them, and think they are a good product you can mark me down for one.

PlantBio --

Helmet is here, finally. Seems pretty standard. Not sure it is any better than the Peltor... maybe a bit nicer. Send me an email with your address and I'll send it out to you so you can check it out.

The Peltor in the posted image looks like it has a bit extra visor on the shield.

Useful, or inconvenient?

The Oregon seems to have less total combined visor.

:)

Back