Outfoxed by a slip connector

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pweber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm cussin' a blue streak here....I pushed an 11" black pipe slip connector into a section of regular black pipe, and now I can't get it to slide back out and up into my ceiling support box. I've begged and pleaded with it and sprayed it with penetrating oil, but it ain't moving. Any advice other than bashing it up with a sledge hammer?

can you heat it up without burning your house down? what diameter is the pipe? is it 11" dia? or 11" long? and is it plastic or metal?

Yes, I've already disconnected it from the main section of pipe and walked through the yard cussing at it. It's 6" in diameter and 11" inches long. Imperial brand sold by Tractor Supply. I've shoved it into a 12" section of Imperial pipe all the way down to the "bulge". It's pretty thin stuff. Do you think that both sections will heat simultaneously, thus preventing me from pulling it apart?

Yes, I've already disconnected it from the main section of pipe and walked through the yard cussing at it. It's 6" in diameter and 11" inches long. Imperial brand sold by Tractor Supply. I've shoved it into a 12" section of Imperial pipe all the way down to the "bulge". It's pretty thin stuff. Do you think that both sections will heat simultaneously, thus preventing me from pulling it apart?
no you can heat just the outter. just gotta heat it quick and have the tools necessary to yank on it. I hope you have a torch?? it will work just have the extraction tools ready for when you cut the heat off. let me know how it turns out. don't hesitate to throw up a pic if possible.

I'll try with my propane torch and have my wife ready with some pliers. Thanks.

no you can heat just the outter. just gotta heat it quick and have the tools necessary to yank on it. I hope you have a torch?? it will work just have the extraction tools ready for when you cut the heat off. let me know how it turns out. don't hesitate to throw up a pic if possible.
Heat didn't work either. With heat, I managed to rotate it an eighth of an inch but couldn't slide it out at all. Fortunately Tractor Supply was good enough to accept both back as returns. As thin as it was, I was probably heating both pipes at the same time.

Latest posts

Back