OWB and Marathon water heater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 80 gallon Marathon hot water tank and its hooked up to my owb. It was installed by the power co-op I belong to and has a lifetime warranty. In my situation I was told as long as there is a working mixing valve in conjunction with the owb it doesn't void warranty.

I assume you are mixing boiler water to prevent over heating the water heater.
I am thinking I might just go with a 50 gal and see how it works, my 80 is under warranty but not made any more due to
regulations. But I can get full credit for it at Lowes. Maybe run two in series if needed
Thanks

What type of exchanger are you using? I have a pipe one on mine and a plate one on my sons? His should like be the pipe one because it keeps the whole tank of water hotter. The plate one is pretty much endless hot water but because he uses so little water the tank cools down a little too much between uses. I have the plate hooked up before the water heater, could hook it after but it was easier this way. My pumps also run 24/7, maybe yours are on demand?

Latest posts

Back