Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yep! We are doing it again! :) We had hosted two fun ones then skipped a year. Turns out we missed the fun so here we go again! :clap: Dates are the 7th,8th, and 9th of June. This has also been posted in our PNW group here on AS and can be viewed on the Pacific Northwest GTG Facebook page. The Facebook page has plenty of pictures of the two prior GTGs and there is also a bunch here on AS. Do a search! For more specific information and such don't hesitate to PM me.........Thanks......Bob PS..... WILDTHINGS..... ARE WELCOME!!! :msp_wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I had the dates down already in my phone but it is good to see them in writing. I live too far south to be part of the PNG group I guess.

They make special considerations for Californians. In return, we have to promise not to start every other sentence with "Well, in California we..." It's easy. I'm going, Eccentric is going...come on up.

Thanks for posting this. I had the dates down already in my phone but it is good to see them in writing. I live too far south to be part of the PNG group I guess.

Don't be a Debbie Downer! Come on up. There's room to camp.

There shall be huckleberry pie. Maybe it will be warm enough thet Old Sparkless will start and motor through logs at breakneck speed? :msp_ohmy:

I don't do Facebook so hope somebody can keep me in the loop, please.

Had a great time at thje 2010 show. Will see if it works this year.

Randy and his 450 Honda saw.

CIMG1195.jpg

They make special considerations for Californians. In return, we have to promise not to start every other sentence with "Well, in California we..." It's easy. I'm going, Eccentric is going...come on up.

Do we have to sign a blood oath that we will never move there or is that just for Warshington GTGs?

i'll be there fri don't want to miss any fun;), can't seem to make the long trip south to jefferson work yet. at least i can get some items to the folks that have been patient .

I'm planning on making the long trip North. Least I can do since Patty made a longer drive south. Fraser don't sweat not being able to come down here. I'll see you in June at Farleyville. That will give me more time to add to the 'list'.:D

I'm planning on making the long trip North. Least I can do since Patty made a longer drive south. Fraser don't sweat not being able to come down here. I'll see you in June at Farleyville. That will give me more time to add to the 'list'.:D

If ya blow up in Willits, have lunch at the Lumberjack.

Haven't planned that out yet. Might as well run up 101 like I'd planned before. I'm open to suggestions...

If you cut across on 20, you avoid Boil-over Hill south of Willits and hit 5 at Williams. 5 is probably faster and easier, but boring as hell. We will probably run up 101 up the coast and go East on 42, I think its 42, it goes into Salem. I am getting a flinch reaction just thinking about 199. Caltrans can make 101 a nightmare in summer.

Caltrans and ODOT were busy stopping traffic on 101 during both my up and down. My timing was better going back. And Randy, Salem is north of Farleyville. It would be better to cut across anywhere from Florence, OR south. I like the drive along the Umpqua but I can't think of the highway number. It is highway 38.
You turn east at Reedsport.

Caltrans has one of those lights instead of flaggers at one spot on 101 south of Crescent City? and it takes forever to change. Such is life on a road built on unstable ground.

Last edited:
you could come over on 22. and get owl to come out of hiding . i should give him a call and see if he will show up. and Aaron i will do a crummy dance to make sure you make it with out any problems.;)

IT"s Great!

To see the good response to our third GTG. All of you who have been here befor should be able to get their same camping areas and that includes Randy in the Redwoods. ;) By the way, Mr. Mac there is now a good short cut between the kitchen area and your Redwoods complete with yellow marked turnouts on either side in case you need to ......lay down and rest? (too soon to tell if the nettles will ever recover) See you all there......Bob :rock:

Latest posts

Back