Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit getting done today! "T" is running the tractor around moving logs into place and dumping left overs onto the burn pile. (Say a prayer for the tractor) We need to make room for more logs and clear space for a really big one (Fraser?). I can't get out to take pictures right now but as long I can hear the tractor I'm breathing easy!

Little bit getting done today! "T" is running the tractor around moving logs into place and dumping left overs onto the burn pile. (Say a prayer for the tractor) We need to make room for more logs and clear space for a really big one (Fraser?). I can't get out to take pictures right now but as long I can hear the tractor I'm breathing easy!

Bob you might as well have a couple steering boxes ready to swap into that tractor. T goes through at least one a year doesn't he?

Aaron - if you are still interested I can bring the Mono 90 and leave it at Bob's until you make it up to Oregon.

I'm still trying to decide exactly which saws to bring, I will have to get them loaded up next week as I will be leaving for Japan on 29 May and only home for a day before I leave for a conference in Omaha and start the drive west.

I am thinking:

BP-1
KMS4
610 EVL
CP125
SP125
2-10G
SP70
SP81
101 kart saw

If anyone has any other saws in mind let me know and I will see about fitting them in.

Mark

That would be great Mark. I am indeed still interested in that Mono 90. Dangit I was finally going to see that 77 running right. I hope somebody video's it. Looks like you have a great McLineup there.

Some day I'll get all this posting stuff right! We still need to pick up the nearby logs, mow, weed eat, whine for a REALLY GIANT LOG ( you know who you are) and set up the basic areas (eating, drinking, B/Sing, and the racing stands! The inside of the barn is even cleaner than in the past but there are still a few saws laying around. MORE PICTURES to come! Stay tuned as we are heading towards another PNW GTG !!!

Is anyone bringing the wife and kids? That sounds like a creeper question. If I can make it. My wife and kid will be with me. Wasn't sure if they'd be the only ones

Since the very first there have been females, males, mates, wives, children and even grand children GTG'en with us! ( Sorta Run What Ya Brung ) Our own grand kids, Jason 12 and Stephanie 10 have yet to miss a GTG! Bring Them! Plenty to do. We are right on the McKenzie River so swimming, fishing is a choice along with the daily dose of, " cookies and noodles". Always a campfire in the evenings for toasted snacks or just getting toasted! Enough said.....Only 10 more days!!!

Man, I really want to join you guys but I'm not sure I can get the time off work. It'd be nice to meet some of you guys and I just bought a super 125 that I haven't even had a chance to cut with. It starts and runs, but has a broken lower handle brace.

Also, maybe one of you guys could show me the trick to replacing the starter rope on a cp70. Looks like I have to remove the ring ???

John

John - On the CP70 and other RH start 10 Series you do have to remove the retaining ring and dust shield to replace the starter rope. There should be a thin Teflon thrust washer between the starter pulley and the dust shield but they frequently disappear. With the ring and the shield out you should be able to gently work the starter pulley out without removing the spring, but if the spring comes out it is easy enough to wind it back up and slip it into place with a pair of long nose pliers.

Once you have the new rope installed and threaded through the starter hole, you can wind it up a few times using the notch in the starter pulley to put some tension on the spring so it will recoil properly. If you can make it to the GTG we can put on a little demo if you'd like.

Mark

Big bummer, but the wife and I will no longer be able to make it. We've been ambushed by work, vehicle problems, and by the University of Washington.

Majorly disappointed...... :(

Thanks Mark. That retaining ring looks like the tricky part. I'll have to see if I can loosen it up in there with some brake cleaner or something.

Read through the first four pages and still can't tell where this is being held? The "banks of the McKenzie" answer won't do much for my GPS.

The time is getting short and I am getting NERVOUS! So much to do, so much to think about, SO LITTLE TIME!!! Happens to me every year but I don't get used to it! There are always a few, sadly, that we look forward to seeing each year but as the time winds down have found that they will not make it. DRAT! However every year there has been some new GTGers that help to bring back the FUN in their own ways. This year the New Guy will be World Traveling Mark Heimannm, Iowa's McCulloch Guru. The sad part is that two of our own "Left Coast" McCulloch boosters may not be able to be here. On another note, daughter Shannon has leaked pictures of this years T-Shirt to our FaceBook page. Here is what they look like. Nothing special but note the pose on the lounge chair. I suspect we will see most in that position! Another thing about this year ( while I'm about it ) there has yet to be any evidence of a real challenge to my continued DOMINANCE of the WildThing class!The T Shirt.jpg

Back