Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Palfinger Knuckle Booms

Discussion in 'Tiffin Loader Crane: A PALFINGER Company' started by Palfinger_sales, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Palfinger_sales

Palfinger_sales ArboristSite Lurker

Welcome to the Tiffin Loader Crane / Palfinger forum. Tiffin Loader Crane Company (TLC) is an Ohio-based company that has been selling and installing knuckle boom cranes for 30 years. Initially a family-owned company, in 2001, Palfinger corporate (based in Salzburg, Austria) purchased the company which is now one of their largest factory-owned locations in North America.

Our employees have extensive experience with knuckle boom cranes and welcome any interests or questions that you may have. Some of our capabilities include ... custom machining and fabrication capabilities, large paint facility, truck manufacturing and assembly facility and full in-house service facility. We welcome all makes and models for service and also service equipment remotely with our fleet of mobile service vehicles.

If you have knuckle boom questions, feel free to post them here or you can contact me directly at j.smith@tiffincrane.com. We would be happy to answer any knuckle boom questions whether tree-care related or otherwise.

2. Pcoz88

Pcoz88 ArboristSite Guru

Do you guys make a crane like the "Ant" crane which is like your guys cranes but way smaller?There's youtube videos of it.

3. Palfinger_sales

Pcoz88 ... Yes we do. Palfinger manufactures three different models, all of which we have in stock. The cranes can be set up to run via a transmission mounted PTO and pump, or we can set them up to be powered via an optional 12 Volt power unit. Feel free to give me a call at the office (419) 448-8156 x 202 or e-mail me @ j.smith@tiffincrane.com. Thank you for the inquiry!

4. Pcoz88

Pcoz88 ArboristSite Guru

My name is Pete Costantini,thanks for responding back . Where do the prices start on these cranes that are like the ant crane.I burn and sell firewood but the prices i have gotten from the ant crane people were a little high for what i do. Just wanting more info on these cranes you sell. Do you ever get used ones back in to sell?? Thanks for your time.I live south of Green Springs,Ohio out by leafy oak campground if you know where that is.Thanks again!!

5. Palfinger_sales

Pete ... I know right were you are. I am just south of you near Clinton Campground. These cranes start in the $8,500 range including the power unit, however that does not include installation. Since you are so close, you can stop out to the plant and I will show you around and you can look at the cranes. Thanks!

6. Pcoz88

Pcoz88 ArboristSite Guru

I might take you up on that!!

7. Palfinger_sales

Pete ... That will be fine. Just stop in at the front desk and ask for Jason Smith. Thanks!

8. Coen

Coen ArboristSite Operative

I was in Pittsburgh at a trade show this last weekend. I was talking to one of your reps about 0ne of the Q150 L models. I called the company a few days ago with further questions. They gave me the number of my nearest dealer which is in Byron Center, MI. I called them and they know nothing about this model. The last time I talked to them they said they are waiting from the company for more information about this model

9. Palfinger_sales

Coen ... I apologize for the confusion. The Palfinger Epsilon is a relatively new product in North America and parts of the dealer network are still being worked out. I will get in touch with the North American Product Manager and get this worked out for you right away. Again, I apologize for the confusion. - Jason

10. Coen

Thanks

11. Palfinger_sales

Coen ... I spoke with our North American Produc Manager for the Epsilon product. He has gotten your name and phone number from the Dealer in Byron Center and will be contacting you directly soon, if he hasn't already, to get you in the right direction to get some questions answered. If there is anything else I can do, please feel free to contact me. Thanks again - Jason.

12. Coen

Thanks Jason. What I saw in Pittsburgh was impressive.

13. Pcoz88

Pcoz88 ArboristSite Guru

Are you there this week 12-14-15?

14. Coen

No, it was back in November.