Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, not a chainsaw but helping a guy with a K950. Didn't run right so cleaned carb (no Kit) and didn't change . Figured I'll get a kit and while down do a P/V test. Didn't hold either and could not find leak. Found it to be the clutch bearing lube hole. Back together and no different. Does it need a new bearing and clutch drum or doesn't it matter? Thanks,David
Some partner cranks had this small hole drilled - for lubricating the clutch bearing with mix oil separatet from the mix

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

I have had this on the main page for a couple of days and had no responses. I thought maybe in here it might get better interest?

I just put a ring on one of my Partner 5000's and decided to check the ring end gap on the old ring. It was more than 35 thousands but that is where my feeler gauges end ! So I was going to pun on a new Caber ring next and decided I would check that as well.
The new Caber looked so tight that I thought the ends were touching, I thought, well this is no good. But before I got too discouraged I thought I would try to measure it. The smallest gauge I have is 2 thousands, and I was sure that would not even fit. Well it did fit,.. and as near as I can tell the new cabers have 8 thousands ring end gap. I know I have read what the optimum ( REG ) should be but I don't remember . What do you think of 8 thousands?
The compression before I put in a new ring was 160# now with new ring in and a cold engine never started yet it reads 182#.

I did a lot of searches on that and came up with this as well as from some good advice.
Ring end gap
.003" per 1" of piston diameter

I did a lot of searches on that and came up with this as well as from some good advice.
Ring end gap
.003" per 1" of piston diameter
Thanks for the response I actually forgot about this post it has been a while. Well if 3 per one inch then 8 is pretty close I would guess the piston is a little bigger than 2 inches. The saw was together and running long ago so I guess it must be ok. ha ha

I have in the last few weeks come into some homeless partners.
I got a "Farmer" Orange and Black 55cc saw,... A P65 I think? , and a P-55 ,and some sort of parts saw. They were all free so the price was right ! The 65? and the farm saw came from a rural fire department they were cleaning house before an audit to get a grant. The P-55 and the parts saw came from a friend downeast. He got a job to tear down a barn and found the P-55 there and a bunch of other stuff the new owner did not want. The parts saw came from the same man he had the saw from long ago and just remembered it when he found the 55 so I got that one too.
I tinkered on the P-55 and what a nice starting saw I bet I started it 20 times cause it was so easy and reliable. I believe it has the "T" port cylinder. It had B&C Oil in the gas tank so I flushed that out checked for fire it had none. But I discovered the switch wire was broken at the switch end. So I changed that for a good one, and had nice blue fire. The P-55 did not come with a chain brake but I had one from an old 65 so I switched the coves out so now I have a brake. She started on the second pull. I believe it was a one owner saw it is in very good shape for the age I guess I am happy with it. I have all the firewood in my shed for this coming winter but still have 4-5 cords tree length in the field to saw and split. So I will take the P-55 and a 5000 out and run them a while soon. I cannot get over how easy it starts I need to check the compression but I think it is supposed to pull over easy... I had shoulder surgery a couple years ago and I immediately noticed the ease of pull.
The P-65 ?? maybe will be next on the bench but I am hoping to wait till winter so I have something to tinker on. The 55 just called to me so I answered, I should have waited but I gave in. The Farm saw looks to be in an all there sort of situation but time will tell. The parts carcass I will have to look and see if I can figure it out. I know measuring the bore is a big part of that but that will have to wait till later on.

Thanks for the Likes , I am doing something that I have meant to do for awhile. I am on page 6 of this thread I want to read the whole thing. There is an awful lot of information here and I am going to take some notes on some of it. I have a few partners and if I see any part numbers for anything I may ever need that I may find on e-bay for instance I am writing that info down. I think it would be a shame not to try at least to take advantage of some of the hours of typing you all have done here.

Picked up a few Partners last weekend. The P100 on top of the PM1000 box that it came in [emoji15] and the two 7000's are nearly new.
Got all of the sales receipts, owner's manuals, safety manuals, sales brochures, and parts sheets with them.

c78a84312b211ed424374d1b38e26cc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

wow very nice you are very fortunate I have always wanted the 7000 plus and a p-100. I don't think many of the larger partners were sold in my area. I talked to my old dealer and he has told me that he sold one p-100 in all the years he has been in business.

Been looking for a larger saw for cutting some bigger stuff very occasionally, found a nice Partner 1646 for $150 with a 20" bar (was hoping it would have a longer bar) anybody have thoughts on this saw good, bad, or ugly?

It will get expensive, because you'll want to buy more Partners after that. You might want to make sure the oiler still works, not fun to rebuild those. Good luck.

I acquired this guy today, I am pretty sure it is a R421T.
IMG_0412.JPG
Splashed some gas in the cyl and it fired, so it should just be a carb job away from running.
I haven't dug too deep, but, how can I tell for sure it is a 421 with the flex pipe missing and not a 420 with a 421 muffler?

[emoji106][emoji106] points or early tyristor ?
Fine saw !! looks like having not much use..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

Electronic ignition. It is a pretty clean unit, probably pretty low time. It was in a basement, and it came with a 15" roller nose bar, and 3/8x.058 chain, both in decent shape.
IMG_0416.JPG

The air filter is missing, and the carb linkage was disconnected, so I think someone started to take it apart to do the carb at some point.

Back