Performance saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to say that, I never said anything about the 390 being the best saw to modify its just a saw I have sitting around that needs a rebuild, now for starters people on here want proof of what I can do not just put up a model number of a saw an have a slanging match on how much of a piece of rubbish it is ( sawtroll ).
So I'll try this then, you guys pick a saw to modify and supply it to me, everything I said earlier still stands except instead of selling it ( because it's not mine ) it can be auctioned off or something like that or even you guys decide what happens to it.
If that's how I prove myself I've got no problem with that at all

It doesnt matter what model saw you port,do what ever you like or have on hand.

Well, the MS390 is crap with a plastic case anyway, far from a professiomal chainsaw - it doesn't matter how you calculate the power output back and forth, it still is low for the size and weight of the saw. ;)
But still has a better air filter for oz then ur husky snot. Pull ur head in, he's just trying to make a go of a business that we don't see many others doing here in oz unless it's for racing as mentioned before.

But still has a better air filter for oz then ur husky snot. Pull ur head in, he's just trying to make a go of a business that we don't see many others doing here in oz unless it's for racing as mentioned before.

Bit harsh on the Husky snot comment!

Irrelevant here as well - just crap!

That thing obviously was made mainly for the US market, where more people don't understand what the word quality means, or see the difference.

Not cool, I think generalisations about large portions of the population from a different country may be stepping over the line.

It is cool, because SawTroll is right. There are more gullible people here per head than anywhere else. If you stamp, "Farm," or "Country," or "Boss," "Diamondback," "Blackhawk," "Cobra," or "Magnum," on it you can sell it to somebody that didn't need a Viper or a Trans Am in the first place. (Especially if it is good for the children or the environment.) 90% boneheads. How do you think I've made such a handsome living off the (Wicked) Timber Crusher Skoal Splitter Magnum?

If it don't work call it, "Boutique," offer them points to redeem, new customer discounts or in a three stage upgrade. lol

Welcome to the forum. The MS390 is a less than ideal choice for a couple reasons. With it being a clamshell, there it's nothing practical that can be done to set the squish or increase compression. It's much more difficult to pull back apart for porting changes. It's much harder to port, because the ports are farther down in the barrel. They're a decent saw, but certainly but the best choice for real mods.

It is cool, because SawTroll is right. There are more gullible people here per head than anywhere else. If you stamp, "Farm," or "Country," or "Boss," "Diamondback," "Blackhawk," "Cobra," or "Magnum," on it you can sell it to somebody that didn't need a Viper or a Trans Am in the first place. (Especially if it is good for the children or the environment.) 90% boneheads. How do you think I've made such a handsome living off the (Wicked) Timber Crusher Skoal Splitter Magnum?

If it don't work call it, "Boutique," offer them points to redeem, new customer discounts or in a three stage upgrade. lol
Gullible ?....Boneheads ? is this how you see your fellow AS members???

I commented on the saw model in question and some statements - nothing else that I know. :givebeer:

Also it is a long discontinued model in most of the world - they tried to dump them really cheap more than 5 years ago here.

your not creating waves or causing any uproar as far as im concerned. I wish you luck and am willing to give advice when asked. I just wanted to let you know what is expected of us that are doing it. folks around here get gun shy and if you will take the steps that I mentioned ,you will more easily win there trust and respect. there needs to be more guys get into the business around the world. randy and I cant keep up with shipping these saws all over the world forever lol

Wow that turned in to a **** fight quick . Best of luck with the saw mods mate I'm watching with interest don't take too much notice of the talking heads

Thank you for the welcome blsnelling and your advise is definitely taken, it's just a saw I have sitting around nothing more and I'm now thinking just leave it where it is lol, would you have any suggestions in what is more ideal ( and liked ) to modify as I'm more than happy to listen to what your suggestions may be.
tlandrum, everything that has been said has all been taken in, and I appreciate your honesty on these matters.
So in saying that what would your choice of saw be to modify for all you guys to check out, I'm actually rather keen to do this because I haven't seen this sort of interest on somthing for a while now and I look forward to speaking with you guys further

Thank you for the welcome blsnelling and your advise is definitely taken, it's just a saw I have sitting around nothing more and I'm now thinking just leave it where it is lol, would you have any suggestions in what is more ideal ( and liked ) to modify as I'm more than happy to listen to what your suggestions may be.
tlandrum, everything that has been said has all been taken in, and I appreciate your honesty on these matters.
So in saying that what would your choice of saw be to modify for all you guys to check out, I'm actually rather keen to do this because I haven't seen this sort of interest on somthing for a while now and I look forward to speaking with you guys further
Pick something common, well liked, and relatively easy to get good gains from. I'd go for a 346XP, 372XP, 390XP, MS440, MS460, MS461......

Back