Performance saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you please define what the word quality means, as distinct from other quantifiable terms like reliability, power, weight, etc.?

Sure, Chris-PAT, I'll define high quality and quantify it for you all in one fell swoop.

91.6 cc, $2,500 per MFBM @ 8% MC (or 25,600,000 BTU per cord.)

Buzznutsoz: " All suggestions most welcome everyone" Here's one for ya...Why not go ahead and work up the MS390 clamshell...seems others don't like em much...A gentle porting and retune might turn it into a good work saw you can use...nothing extreme, just a solid, basic improvement. And if you can impress guys w/a saw they don't like to work on they'll at least know you're doing something right. And your next saw will be better...then the next one better than that...A review or two, some pics,vids. Do your saws, maybe a few for local friends and describe results...If you can turn a 390 into a gem of a work saw guys will remember that and you'll be on your way. You sound inventive and knowledgeable and have something to offer...Might be slow at first but you've found the right crowd. They will go out of their way to nitpick but they also are the best around. Satisfy them and the rest of us will follow. I'm sure Au. could use another good saw man...There are a lot of "homeowner" saws out there that could use some work!...Good luck and glad to see this subject come up.

Hi Mick. I ran into a bloke that said you destroyed 6 brand new 661's of his. So that's 7 including mine plus my 660, plus Trav's 461. We'd like it if you please stop porting saws? Cheers

Your wording doesn't exactly make it look like a warning to others but is directly aimed towards the guy who hasn't been active on the site for a year. Probably 95% of the time I run into threads dredged up in that manner the intention is to stir the pot and little more.

Hey guys im new to this AS site im just seeing if any of you AS members in Australia know where I can find this BUZZNUTSOZ member ive sent him a Stihl 084 and cash an looks like hes done the runner Cheers Bart from New Zeland

Hey guys im new to this AS site im just seeing if any of you AS members in Australia know where I can find this BUZZNUTSOZ member ive sent him a Stihl 084 and cash an looks like hes done the runner Cheers Bart from New Zeland

I hate to be the one to say it, but you may be down a saw and I'm guessing $700 odd dollars.
Did he ask for payment up front?

I sent the saw to him in November 2016 an I last heard from him in January 2017 an he told me he was going to court don't know what over then that's was it if anyone can get any info on him would be good i want to at least want to get the saw back its cost a lot especially with a near new cylinder can crank in it yous all know what those cost an there like bloody hens teeth to fnd Stihl 084 lol

Your wording doesn't exactly make it look like a warning to others but is directly aimed towards the guy who hasn't been active on the site for a year. Probably 95% of the time I run into threads dredged up in that manner the intention is to stir the pot and little more.
Not gonna stir the pot if the coward porter keeps hiding.
How long would it take you to forget being robbed of a saw and cash?

I think bringing up the old thread is justified.

Old Mick turned into a crackhead by all accounts. I had a lot of Australian guys contacting me about him. One even drove 6 hours to meet him face to face and his missus lied to this guy's face and said that Mick doesn't live there anymore. Neighbours had seen him going in and out of the house that day. Ended up in the hands of the police and most people never saw their saws or money again. As mentioned above he also had a lot of saws blowing up after honest guys parted with a lot of cash thinking he was a legend. I even had a lawyer contact me about it all as Mick had linked to videos on my YouTube page that were actually built by Brad Snelling claiming he'd built them the lying prick.
I'm not sure what the final result was.

Back