Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p40 is points fired. check those first. dont quote me on carb kit, but believe it's readily available. thinkin tilly rk23?
someone else can confirm or gimme a Good For You

Without looking at mine I think you nailed it for the carb. I don't particularly like to take my P40 off the shelf to look as the paint keeps falling off.

Without looking at mine I think you nailed it for the carb. I don't particularly like to take my P40 off the shelf to look as the paint keeps falling off.

I was wondering how realistic a sanding, priming and repainting would be? Just a thought that crosses my mind when I see that beautiful lime green peeling away... :rare2:

mine was repainted when I got it... will be yellow again someday.

View attachment 567159
Considering how many of the Jonsereds were saws made by other Electrolux/Husqvarna companies, it should almost be surprising that they never shipped any in that colour combo. :)

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

Good to see more posts on the Pioneer thread lately and to see others keeping the ole saws in use. All of mine are currently rebuilt or restored so not any work being done on them but I do run the P62 and BP 655 occasionally.

How about some pics of your collection of nice Saws

How about some pics of your collection of nice Saws
If you find time all the picts are posted in this thread starting back near the front or start up of this thread, if I find time I may transfer some up to this end of the thread, back when we started this thread I couldn`t post picts but it was because of this thread is why I learned how to. I had a collection of over 5000 chainsaw picts but they all were in Picassa when Google took it over, now they seem to be unrecoverable as I have tried to sign in to that account and it says there are no picts in there now.

The picts start around page 5 and the first pict is of my IEL AB as the IEL company is the forerunner parent company of Pioneer saws I thought it was fitting to post it in the Pioneer thread,

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

If you find time all the picts are posted in this thread starting back near the front or start up of this thread, if I find time I may transfer some up to this end of the thread, back when we started this thread I couldn`t post picts but it was because of this thread is why I learned how to. I had a collection of over 5000 chainsaw picts but they all were in Picassa when Google took it over, now they seem to be unrecoverable as I have tried to sign in to that account and it says there are no picts in there now.

The picts start around page 5 and the first pict is of my IEL AB as the IEL company is the forerunner parent company of Pioneer saws I thought it was fitting to post it in the Pioneer thread,

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

Very Nice, That must be one of your favorites for sure. Thanks for sharing the Pics.

Very Nice, That must be one of your favorites for sure. Thanks for sharing the Pics.
That was a full restoration of on that saw, the first one that will not be run again by me. I have done many more after that one and believe me with the amount of time and parts put into them I could never run them again and get them dirty so I have multiples of all of them except the AB, I foolishly let the second running one go.

A couple pics of my P62...

1214142059.jpg

1218141735.jpg

1218141839.jpg 1218141858a.jpg

1218141734.jpg

1218141732a.jpg

1218141732b.jpg

1218141733.jpg

Amazingly strong saw in exceptionally good shape except for the paint. Seems to overheat easily and I haven't dug too far into it yet to figure out why. It's running a 26" hardnose 3/8 .063 setup and both oilers seem to work really well. Last time I had it out was to block up a 36" (plus) elm log that took a fair amount of noodling and it heated up fairly quickly again. Shut it down, took the air compressor to it and haven't gotten back to it since. I suppose the first place to start would be to make sure the bar/chain setup is really what it's supposed to be since it's still what was on it when I bought it. I did buy it from a saw mechanic at the more reputable area Husky dealer (who I've known awhile) so took him at his word on the details. Said he converted from .404 to 3/8 which shouldn't have been a problem with a simple sprocket swap if the bar and chain are indeed .063. Well, hell..., lemme measure.... Yep. 3/8 - .063 all the way around. Any other suggestions certainly welcomed.

And you may still be able to recover those Picasa pics, Jerry. Lots of folks experienced the same problem and I hear there are a couple of solutions. Here are a couple of places to start. Found mine with the first link using Chrome while logged into my Google account.

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

https://plus.google.com/photos?banner=pwa

And there is some type of correlation between your email address when you uploaded your pics / albums if you've changed it since then..., especially to a Gmail account. Old login credentials for your Picasa stuff evidently still apply in some cases and will get you to your archives. It gets more murky if you've also signed up to the Google+ thing. But from what I've read, it's likely that your pics are retrievable one way or another..., including possibly residing in your Google+ trash if you have a Google+ setup going.
Sure hope you can get them back!

Amazingly strong saw in exceptionally good shape except for the paint. Seems to overheat easily and I haven't dug too far into it yet to figure out why. It's running a 26" hardnose 3/8 .063 setup and both oilers seem to work really well. Last time I had it out was to block up a 36" (plus) elm log that took a fair amount of noodling and it heated up fairly quickly again. Shut it down, took the air compressor to it and haven't gotten back to it since. I suppose the first place to start would be to make sure the bar/chain setup is really what it's supposed to be since it's still what was on it when I bought it. I did buy it from a saw mechanic at the more reputable area Husky dealer (who I've known awhile) so took him at his word on the details. Said he converted from .404 to 3/8 which shouldn't have been a problem with a simple sprocket swap if the bar and chain are indeed .063. Well, hell..., lemme measure.... Yep. 3/8 - .063 all the way around. Any other suggestions certainly welcomed.

And you may still be able to recover those Picasa pics, Jerry. Lots of folks experienced the same problem and I hear there are a couple of solutions. Here are a couple of places to start. Found mine with the first link using Chrome and logged into my Google account.

And there is some type of correlation between your email address when you uploaded your pics / albums if you've changed it since then..., especially to a Gmail account. Old login credentials for your Picasa stuff evidently still apply in some cases and will get you to your archives. It gets more murky if you've also signed up to the Google+ thing. But from what I've read, it's likely that your pics are retrievable one way or another..., including possibly residing in your Google+ trash if you have a Google+ setup going.
You should make sure that the carb is receiving fuel properly. The carb has a cover on the top that is secured with 4 screws. If you remove this cover, you will see a hole that has a fine wire mesh in it... If the saw was run for any amount of time without a decent fuel filter, there will be crud and most likely paint clogging this up. Clean out this mesh and reinstall. Then check to make sure the fuel pickup filter is clean. I use the weighted stihl filters. They work best for my saws. Then try adjusting your mixture screws. I prefer to have the saw throw a little bit of smoke when I use it since I'm milling....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

And you may still be able to recover those Picasa pics, Jerry. Lots of folks experienced the same problem and I hear there are a couple of solutions. Here are a couple of places to start. Found mine with the first link using Chrome while logged into my Google account.

Check your spark Plug for being correct because of Heat range and observe colour of plug tip
Check to see if your cooling fins are Clean and not pluged up with sawdust
l am not sure if you mean to say your Bar & chain are overheating or is it the engine overheating
You could be smelling the clutch

Theirs a few things to consider.

Check your spark Plug for being correct because of Heat range and observe colour of plug tip
Check to see if your cooling fins are Clean and not pluged up with sawdust
l am not sure if you mean to say your Bar & chain are overheating or is it the engine overheating
You could be smelling the clutch

Theirs a few things to consider.
Nice saw!

On the current topic, I had a hard-nosed 20 inch bar, 3/8 .058 in the large Pioneer mount that I was using on my P42 for a while - it was the only decent bar I could find in that mount at the time.

Anyway, I would tend to use the nose more than I should -- it would heat up until the bar oil started smoking on the bar. It would over-heat the chain, making the rakers all but impossible to file down as well.

That's not particular to Pioneer saws at all, but, as a case in point, sometimes a burning smell can be a bar problem - particularly on a hard nose.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

Back