Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dining room. My wife doesn't particularly love my decor... But it'll grow on her.... Maybe....
91e8c7a92e58ae184d3b69ab5978a7a7.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Sometimes the kitchen table is the best work bench. What saw is that sitting on the chair with the K&N filter on it?

I think the saw looks great there. A good saw will make every type of table look better.
Good luck with your project.

Mike,
That saw with the K & N used to be an Arizona saw until recently.

I purchased that beautiful p61 from Paul to compliment the p61 Western on the table with a 72" double end bar that will arrive on Tuesday. Working on a dual remote throttle right now.

I purchased that beautiful p61 from Paul to compliment the p61 Western on the table with a 72" double end bar that will arrive on Tuesday. Working on a dual remote throttle right now.

Can't wait to see pics and hopefully a video of it in action. That's going to be cool having 2 6 cube Pioneers going at it on a milling set up.

Am now a happy owner of two more Pioneer chainsaws!
A near new complete P61
A very clean used P51
Very pleased to do a righteous deal with a fellow member here, Propliner.
Thank you!
Pics to follow.
Walter

Glad you guys like them and they're getting put to good use. That's a lot better than them sitting on a shelf at my house.

Hopefully I can find some more of them in the future. The northern Az guys have snatched a lot of them up but I'm sure there's still some around.

Working too hard and not getting paid enough but overall doing real well,

Glad you're enjoying it. Still want to see a video of that thing running. Maybe it'll get me moving on rebuilding mine.
If the weather is good I will be taking that saw and a few other Pioneers out cutting this Sunday. I will try to get you some video of the p52 that you have been waiting for, and maybe that hot rod p41 as well.

Went on a road trip yesterday and finally picked up a wack of old manuals, brochures etc from the son of an old dealer. Here is some of the Pioneer stuff. I will need several hours to make proper scans.

DSC00814.JPG

All sorts of other cool documents...here is an older Champion plug chart reference. Figured it might be handy for some.

DSC00815 2.jpg

Here is a nice saw just picked up i just cleaned up a bit it,s like new the seller said it sat for 10 years my best find so far she is a beauty

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
Farmer TEC Husky coil into a Farmsaw.

I wasn't able to fit this one up as nicely as it went into the XL-76 but it seems to start and run OK. My Farmsaw has been sitting since I got it near the beginning of my collecting thing. I had to put a carb kit in it to get it to run. I could use fuel lines as well and maybe seals but....

Here's what it looks like in the saw.

I had to make a spacer and bracket as in the XL-76 swap and this one was required at the 1\8" thick spacer due to an interference with the farmer tec coil PN 95230034266 and the upper coil mount boss on the Farmsaw. The upper left one is just a spacer with a clearance hole for the coil screw. The one on the right required a clearance hole with a countersunk screw into the boss to clear the laminations. The hole to the left of the Phillips screw is tapped for an 8-32 screw.

DSCF3253comp.JPG

The coil with he spacers is pushed outboard by 1/8" over the stock blue Prestolite. You can see in this pic how quite a few laminations are outboard of the flywheel magnets.
Not sure of that matters here as the coil produces a nice spark at the plug.

DSCF3251comp.JPG

Looking fro the side, the coil clears the auto decomp nicely. I didn't hook up the kill switch wire as the spade connector on the Farmer Tec coil is wider than the one on the Farmsaw. An easy fix.

The lamination to flywheel clearance to the flywheel magnets is higher on the top leg.
Pretty simple to do and a cheap substitute if your blue coil dies.

DSCF3248comp.JPG

A little vid of the saw running in the garage because it is crappy outside today.

Thanks to @DSS for the coil!

@rocketnorton here it is

Latest posts

Back