Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that version is common. Factory hot rodded. Special reeds, big carb and P51 muffler. Really nice find.
Thank you Tim, yeah they are pretty rare as I understand. It has the fiberglass reed and p51 carb and muffler. I t took me about 6 months to talk the owner out of it, but I had to have it.

I would be very interested to see the Reed setup.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I should have a chance later today to take a pic of it for ya. It's a one piece fiberglass reed, some of the 5 and 6 cube Pioneers came with a 2 stage fiberglass set up. My p61 western has the sdc 80 and the 2 piece fiberglass reed set up.

I should have a chance later today to take a pic of it for ya. It's a one piece fiberglass reed, some of the 5 and 6 cube Pioneers came with a 2 stage fiberglass set up. My p61 western has the sdc 80 and the 2 piece fiberglass reed set up.
I haven't seen the two stage reeds. My p51 and p61s have single stage reeds. I am going to be CNC machining aluminum reed blocks and I want to mount up a tillotson carb. I will be making stock versions but I also want to make higher flow versions like are seen in the McCulloch and dirt bike motors. If there already are higher flowing blocks, it would help to see themso I can modify the stock one effectively.
Are there different versions or sizes of the walbro SDC? Both my saws have them.

Sure does and sure is. What color yellow is that? And what color orange do folks use for the orange-ish color saws like my P62?

it was a "new" "2x ultra cover" rustoleum. bout 6 coats on covers. still see green thru it. I used to paint & green is hardest to cover. not 6 coats hard usually, tho. it will be a "worksaw" sometimes, so paint not that important... no color name or #. looks school bus yellow. is lighter than factory.

I haven't seen the two stage reeds. My p51 and p61s have single stage reeds. I am going to be CNC machining aluminum reed blocks and I want to mount up a tillotson carb. I will be making stock versions but I also want to make higher flow versions like are seen in the McCulloch and dirt bike motors. If there already are higher flowing blocks, it would help to see themso I can modify the stock one effectively.
Are there different versions or sizes of the walbro SDC? Both my saws have them.

I am very interested to see what you come up with on these reed blocks. Chainsaw Jim has a p62 that he did some work on the reed block only and it made a huge difference in power. The sdc 53 is the most common on the 5 and 6 cube Pioneers, but some came with the sdc 80 witch imo is a way better carb. It does not have a governor and has a larger venturi. Easy way to tell is look by your choke and if there is a brass plug that would be the sdc 53. I don't have a pic of my 2 stage reed set up but back in this thread a ways back there was a pic of them.

I am very interested to see what you come up with on these reed blocks. Chainsaw Jim has a p62 that he did some work on the reed block only and it made a huge difference in power. The sdc 53 is the most common on the 5 and 6 cube Pioneers, but some came with the sdc 80 witch imo is a way better carb. It does not have a governor and has a larger venturi. Easy way to tell is look by your choke and if there is a brass plug that would be the sdc 53. I don't have a pic of my 2 stage reed set up but back in this thread a ways back there was a pic of them.
Chainsaw Jim has my 655 BP now and hopefully it gains his reed block treatment.

Back