Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an aftermarket coil for an evinrude outboard that's a direct fit. I can't remember the part number but the details are in this thread somewhere.
Yes, I remember Frazier posted that but I did not bookmark it so it would take a good bit of reading to find it again. Lee Harvey also bought a few of those coils, he has the number for them also.

Thanks Mark, maybe this time I can record that number and have it handy for the future.

The only reason I remember is I had it wrote down to give to Fraizer to begin with. I found those "after" I had already finished my Pioneer 750.

Fraizer did let me know they work and of course Chris did too. As Chris showed, you have to take the new coil and swap it to the original Pioneer core.

The only reason I remember is I had it wrote down to give to Fraizer to begin with. I found those "after" I had already finished my Pioneer 750.

Fraizer did let me know they work and of course Chris did too. As Chris showed, you have to take the new coil and swap it to the original Pioneer core.

This time around I wrote it in my book and will have it for the future reference. I have many OMC outboard coils that I need do dig out of storage sometime, might even have a one or more that would work.

So after test cutting with the p-42 I can say the coil swap works
Mine is a little different than Walter's
20170523_082544 copy.jpg
Husky made in China .... oh well ... beats a dead saw

coil copy.jpg
I like the saw strong runner

20170522_093958.jpg
20170524_085041.jpg

Light scratches at BDC
Compression at the 1 on 140 cold
I think it's ok but would have liked 150

This time around I wrote it in my book and will have it for the future reference. I have many OMC outboard coils that I need do dig out of storage sometime, might even have a one or more that would work.
Jerry I know you are familiar with the Prestolites (FarmSaw). Do you think that outboard coil can easily replace the Prestolite coil?
Lou

Jerry I know you are familiar with the Prestolites (FarmSaw). Do you think that outboard coil can easily replace the Prestolite coil?
Lou
No, the OMC coils are for points engines, the Prestolites are the electronic type that have the internal switch.

@ Jerry;
Thank you kind sir.
Lou
You are more than welcome to any little tid bits of info I can share with you and the rest of the forum. Just waiting to see if the China manufacturers will make a cheaper copy of the Prestolite E module for our favorite saws that use them. I have modified a few modules to run the Farmsaws but so far I have not found a direct swap in for them. Luckily there are still the more expensive replacements still available.

You are more than welcome to any little tid bits of info I can share with you and the rest of the forum. Just waiting to see if the China manufacturers will make a cheaper copy of the Prestolite E module for our favorite saws that use them. I have modified a few modules to run the Farmsaws but so far I have not found a direct swap in for them. Luckily there are still the more expensive replacements still available.

Lou

The Chinese Husky modules work quite well on the Farmsaw. I made a couple of simple brackets for a module fitting a bunch of Husky's and it worked very well.

Rocketnorton did the same thing. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/pioneer-chainsaws.70698/page-550#post-6251123

The modules are very inexpensive.

Latest posts

Back