Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Employees at the Saw Plant engraved these markings l have been told for some reason. Their is no metal manufacturing tag or allumunum foil tag on the saw . l cannot see it being retailed to the public like.
Anybody got one the same , and now the story behind it?

Attachments

• P52 Restoreation_001.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_001.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 37
  • P52 Restoreation_002.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_002.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 36
Employees at the Saw Plant engraved these markings l have been told for some reason. Their is no metal manufacturing tag or allumunum foil tag on the saw . l cannot see it being retailed to the public like.

Maybe one that made it out the back door?

That is the one the last one ever made they ran out of tags. [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hopefully somebody chimes in that knows the story behind this saw. I would love to know what it was all about. Do you have another p42 cylinder to compare this one to? It might be one of the factory hot rods or experimental saw. Either way cool saw you got there.

Hopefully somebody chimes in that knows the story behind this saw. I would love to know what it was all about. Do you have another p42 cylinder to compare this one to? It might be one of the factory hot rods or experimental saw. Either way cool saw you got there.

l wish l did have one or two spares but l do not have any for the pioneer P42. l do however have one for the Pioneer/Partner P42

I've put more than one flat blade screwdriver through these style of old nylon filters when screwing/unscrewing them. This one was mint, but I figure I would add a layer of stiff felt. A little bead of gel super glue. Clean fit. And, maybe it will be enough to stop my screwdriver next time I slip.

June 5 2017 (1).JPG June 5 2017 (2).JPG

I've put more than one flat blade screwdriver through these style of old nylon filters when screwing/unscrewing them. This one was mint, but I figure I would add a layer of stiff felt. A little bead of gel super glue. Clean fit. And, maybe it will be enough to stop my screwdriver next time I slip.

View attachment 583496 View attachment 583497

I think about that every time I am installing one. I've been lucky so far.

View attachment 583496 View attachment 583497
I like that fix, and it will actually do a better job at filtering as well.

l recently finished this restoration that l started last winter. A combination of new and used parts were used. Saw originaly came with a single wrap handle assy and l installed the optional Full wrap and Dual Spikes.

Attachments

• P52 Restor_001.JPG
    P52 Restor_001.JPG
    675.7 KB · Views: 35
  • P52 Restoreation_001.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_001.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 31
  • P52 Restoreation_002.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_002.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 32
  • P52 Restoreation_003.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_003.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 31
  • P52 Restoreation_004.JPG
    P52 Restoreation_004.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 24
Does anyone know how to remove the oiler gear on a P51 and P52?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a special tool for that. Failing having that. Do this unless someone has a better idea. It worked well for me a few times.

Measure the location of the gear on the crankshaft against the case or whatever. There is no stop and it needs to go back in the same place.

I used a couple of small pieces of wood to pry against and two screwdrivers to carefully pry up and lift the gear off. DON'T pry in the threads as the gears are fragile and can be split open. I did that once. Swore quite a bit too.

The gear looks the same inside as it does outside so there are some very thin areas.

Tap it back on with a socket or something like that. It doesn't matter which way the gear goes back on as it is symmetrical.

There is a special tool for that. Failing having that. Do this unless someone has a better idea. It worked well for me a few times.

Measure the location of the gear on the crankshaft against the case or whatever. There is no stop and it needs to go back in the same place.

I used a couple of small pieces of wood to pry against and two screwdrivers to carefully pry up and lift the gear off. DON'T pry in the threads as the gears are fragile and can be split open. I did that once. Swore quite a bit too.

The gear looks the same inside as it does outside so there are some very thin areas.

Tap it back on with a socket or something like that. It doesn't matter which way the gear goes back on as it is symmetrical.
I think you can manufacture a puller adapter with some pipe fittings. I'll get a picture of mine.

Sent from my SM-J120W using Tapatalk

Back