Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my P42 pics of my lgn phelon l am using the optional air cleaner setup with the full wrap Handle. lt does seem to date the P42ssh as early production models which l would not of thought of for some reason.
Maybe some other members can add/share their knowledge a little more than l can.
l think member P62 has a P42 saw and will contact him.

Attachments

• P42_002.JPG
    P42_002.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 30
Here is my P42 pics of my lgn phelon l am using the optional air cleaner setup with the full wrap Handle. lt does seem to date the P42ssh as early production models which l would not of thought of for some reason.
Maybe some other members can add/share their knowledge a little more than l can.
l think member P62 has a P42 saw and will contact him.
I have been talking with Jeff about this saw thru email, but haven't heard from him for a little bit. My p52 western has the newer coil. I'm not really sure what to think about the ignition. It's possible the top end was swapped, but I would think they would have went with the newer set up. Are you going to use the factory K&N set up on your p42? I found another base, but it showed up without a filter. I would really like to find a filter for it.

I am not going to split the case on my p51. I can't get the screws loose. Does anyone know if it uses a SKF 6119?

The pipe fitting trick did work on my junk spare cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not going to split the case on my p51. I can't get the screws loose. Does anyone know if it uses a SKF 6119?

The pipe fitting trick did work on my junk spare cases.

I'm not sure if you asking about the seals or the bearings, so I will give both numbers. The skf seals part # is 5606. The bearings are 6202c3 and that goes for any brand. Good luck with your project. Oh and national seals are part #472705

I'm not sure if you asking about the seals or the bearings, so I will give both numbers. The skf seals part # is 5606. The bearings are 6202c3 and that goes for any brand. Good luck with your project. Oh and national seals are part #472705

Thanks. I have a good case with good bearings, so I think I'll just replace the seals. I'm working on a P51/P52 hybrid

Check out Buckin' Billy Ray killing it with a P60 in a new video today. His enthusiasm is genuinely infectious. Classic line about 7:45 in. "That's crazy, it's a beautiful, beautiful saw...gotta get out the 797 before this log disappears under the wrath of the P60." Sounding sweeeet. He starts punishing the big Doug about 2:20 in or so. Nice detail at 1080p.

Check out Buckin' Billy Ray killing it with a P60 in a new video today. His enthusiasm is genuinely infectious. Classic line about 7:45 in. "That's crazy, it's a beautiful, beautiful saw...gotta get out the 797 before this log disappears under the wrath of the P60." Sounding sweeeet. He starts punishing the big Doug about 2:20 in or so. Nice detail at 1080p.

I wonder if we will start to see Pioneers in the saw room lol.

Fellas, can someone help me with what are the differences between all the 51cc Pioneers. P20 25 28 etc then 1073 1074 etc?
Have a P28 with anti vibe and now found a P25 that I pick up tomorrow. Curious mainly about the P25 vs 1074?
Cheers

IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8568.JPG Brought the P25 home yesterday. Man they are small for the 51cc engine eh! Pulled carb and seller had the gasket against carb instead of pump diaphragm
Had the other side cover upside down lol. Carb back together, fresh gas and she was running. Needs a new chain as whoever was intending to sharpen it was clueless. Will try a grinding to attempt a save for now. The clutch was very well lubricated for some reason so slipping like crazy. Removed and cleaned but still slips. Working with Brendon for a fix. Nice little saw and a great addition to the Pioneer line up at my house.
Cheers
Walter

View attachment 588337 View attachment 588338 Brought the P25 home yesterday. Man they are small for the 51cc engine eh! Pulled carb and seller had the gasket against carb instead of pump diaphragm
Had the other side cover upside down lol. Carb back together, fresh gas and she was running. Needs a new chain as whoever was intending to sharpen it was clueless. Will try a grinding to attempt a save for now. The clutch was very well lubricated for some reason so slipping like crazy. Removed and cleaned but still slips. Working with Brendon for a fix. Nice little saw and a great addition to the Pioneer line up at my house.
Cheers
Walter

About the only difference between my 1073 and P25 is the size and shape of the air cleaner and AC cover. Not interchangeable. They will numb your hands in about 15 minutes and boil the fuel in 30 on a hot day. But they are fun saw for occasional use.

View attachment 588337 View attachment 588338 Brought the P25 home yesterday. Man they are small for the 51cc engine eh! Pulled carb and seller had the gasket against carb instead of pump diaphragm
Cheers
Walter

had prolly 6 or more 1073/4, p26. some clutches were wore bad. not obvious til theres a good one to compare to. might have a spare.

my mix of p26/1074...

IMG_1382.JPG

Back