Please tell me about my tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP724

Reaction score
Just moved in to this house. I've never had a yard with trees so I don't know anything about them! This tree is HUGE and I love it but I'm not quite sure what's going on with it. Would it be more helpful if I posted pictures when we get a little deeper into spring? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
IMG_1850.JPG IMG_1852.JPG

Just moved in to this house. I've never had a yard with trees so I don't know anything about them! This tree is HUGE and I love it but I'm not quite sure what's going on with it. Would it be more helpful if I posted pictures when we get a little deeper into spring? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
View attachment 418552 View attachment 418553
What are your concerns about the tree?

I think he is wondering about those bleached looking stains on his elm.
http://extension.umass.edu/landscape/fact-sheets/wetwood-and-slime-flux

5033002.jpg

Yes, I'm sorry. I was referring to the discoloration of the tree. I was also concerned because it loses a lot of big branches, but after reading up on siberian elms I see it is a common occurrence for them. Thanks everyone for the quick response. And thank you Raintree for that link. So, there's not much that I can do about the oozing? It appears to be happening on both sides of the trunk. IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1884.JPG

Slow oozing by improving root function and clearing turf from trunk >1'.

Usually a problem after big wounds are made by careless pruning.

Back