Pls help with my echo 702vl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtle80

Reaction score
Hi, i have recently brought an Echo 702vl. After reading many good reviews on the net thought id take a chance on owning one. It has a 24" bar and looks in good condition. Im not sure year of make,though it does have a serial number on. The problem is the chainsaw can be used for several minutes then the chain appears to go tight,as you hit the throttle can hear the engine trying to rev but the chain will not move. At this point the manual chain luber seems to be empty. If i slacken off the chain and re-lube it,she will run ok for a short period of time. There are signs of a small amount of oil in the oil tank,even if i fill to the top the level drops rapidly. Could it be a cracked oil tank fo perhaps the oil feed adjuster is knackerd so its dumping the oil too quickly? Is this a common problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks

Take the bar and chain off. Fill the tank and rev it a little and see if the oil comes out of the hole where the B&C go on. Mine emptied real quick and the outer line was rotted off but i don't think yours has the outer line...Let me look around...Bob

had a gentleman bring me one of these today said oiler quit working. fired it up no sling off and adjustable oiler made no diffrence. hes kinda guy prefer a new oiler to me fixing the old one. you guys know where i can find one. looked around briefly couldnt see one.

Usually, when not filled with used motor oil, the only problem with their oil pumps is in the o-rings. They have one or two in the manual override piston and three in the automatic pump. It's important to remeber that old Echos (702, 750) haven't got oil lines and their oil systems work as closed circuits inside the saw's bodies. If an o-ring lets air get inside the circuit, the pumps can't move the oil, plus the oil goes inside the engine.

Latest posts

Back