Pole saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up renting a Stihl pole saw once, HT75 or something, and it worked really well. Yes, they do get tiresome if you have to do a lot of reaching but if you need one, nothing really takes its place. Having said that, I found the price for them was really steep so finding a good used one was the order of the day. I'm leaning towards the Echo... not a big fan of the 4mix.
I have found the 75 and 80 powerheads to be the easiest ones to find. I have a small problem tho now. I have 4 or five practically perfect running ones and 3 more that are missing a minor piece. still mostly the rubber tank grommets and a plastic cover. 2 have aftermarket carbs as of now. I was quoted 23 dollars for a new Fs90 piston and rings oem replacement kit. Does this seem cheaper than it should be? A fs130 one they would want 68-79 for. Wonder what a new jug and fully assembled valve train for the fs90 would bump the cost up to. The last owner ran it without a gas cap and to long of a plug leaving a 2-3mm hole. The rest is completely caked with carbon buildup then there is the carb which the brass pieces the lines connect to move and pivot. Strangely the FS130 i bought to fix another using the shaft and throttle parts is not to shabby especially for 33 dollars plus a carb, 4 screws a clutch spring and some air filter parts. I think it didn't work for him because his no it all dumbass had the coil gapped at the largest possible one he could and the spark plug was dead. He also had the coil piece that goes on the plug to far recessed in the rubber boot. He showed up wearing his asc whatever certified midass suit then started his long rant how it will never run again and he would know better than anybody. Is it wrong that I sent him a video of me using it for about 40 minutes with a hr of time inbetween and the 4 yards I cleared with it totalling 4 acres then me using the same powerhead and shaft to run a pole saw gearhead for a couple minutes. And a request for him to hit me up if he gets anymore junk to sell. It always starts first pull too. WTF

Latest posts

Back