Poll: What is the saw to have in the 70-80cc range?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the saw to have in the 70-80cc range?

• Husqvarna 372xp

Votes: 68 25.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 Xtorq

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • Stihl 044/440

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Stihl 046/460

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Stihl 461

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Dolmar 7900/7910

Votes: 73 27.2%
  • Stihl 441/441CM

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Stihl 44/46 hybrid

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Husqvarna 576

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Husqvarna 372xpw

Votes: 31 11.6%

• Total voters
nice and exotic hardware. I had to sell the wing, needed to get a hip replaced and wife needed 2 and a knee. Couldn't climb on the darn thing. Now that we are all fixed up I think I am going to get another one some day. I had to switch over to cruisers for a while to get my leg over the seat. All better now.
That unfortunate . I quit racing after a fractured ankle put me out of work for 6 months . Also just had my knee repaired last year so I feel for you .
46719ff6fe40755873ce591523585100.jpg
c35ff9d5de7ac8d25eb47a73a464601a.jpg
96bcf9382336a0d9db7996cf2d783440.jpg

Sent from my phone when I should be working

always thought my ktm525 would me a hoot with road tires...never got around to doing it. Made nice power.
I believe it was a ktm 690 and the Aprilia 450 where the motards to beat . Never road a 450 but the ktm 690 was crazy fast stock

Sent from my phone when I should be working

Now that I understand your background a little I would have to agree that you could probably destroy most 600 cc race bikes on a curvy road with your Goldwing. The vast majority of the guys who buy them have zero experience riding. You would certainly be unable to keep up with a skilled rider such as yourself on one though. A Goldwing would have a difficult time keeping up with a 250 at Grattan raceway in Belding Michigan. It is a 2 mile track and the lap record is around 1:20 A heavy bike is a huge disadvantage.

Dunno about that. I used to absolutely tear up Gold Wings and Harleys with my Suzuki GS750 on Highway 1 in California. Same with Beemers and Porches that wanted to race me all the time. They were all in my rear view mirror by the time I was in 3rd gear. No competition. I could do the same now on my brother's newer Kawi Ninja 600. About the only guy that could keep pace with me was my Navy buddy that just died of asbestos cancer on his BMW R/75. Of course, I used to race smaller 2-stroke street bikes when I was really young and pretty dumb. But I would do it all over again.

I used to do that. It seemed like fun at the time. :innocent:I don't do that any more!:eek: Had a Can Am 370 Qualifier with a 520 double wide knob on the back , then a Yamaha IT 465. Nice healthy 2 strokes. The guys on the CR 500 Honda's were faster
but we all got to the top of the hill. It got ugly when you didn't.
Yeah.. It can be a rough ride back down

Though sometimes I cheat and run a little extension.

I have a cr500 as well, and depending on the terrain (anything soft) the KTM will easily out climb it.

That is an AWESOME compilation of "ported" madness your sharing with us Brad. For me, the standout is that 7901 in the end. that sucker is hauling the mail.:rock:
Funny you say that. I've not been happy with my 7900s ever since seeing what Copsey was doing with these several years ago. The saw he built for Gink blew my mind. I actually haven't done one since. BTW, that wood was real soft pine.

Funny you say that. I've not been happy with my 7900s ever since seeing what Copsey was doing with these several years ago. The saw he built for Gink blew my mind. I actually haven't done one since. BTW, that wood was real soft pine.

Where is Eric hanging out these days?

I gotta say brad all those saws were impressive. I was lucky enough to run your hybrid and it blew my socks off. That xtorque looks impressive as well as most people don't feel they can make one run with an OE....but that one is hauling the mail!

i always liked my buddy's saw he bought last year a 365 husq lighting fast i might have to get one for the collection.

I have one of his 7900's...serious 'nads.

Mac super pro 81. Hard to argue with a strong mac. Sure itll hurt ya quick but you have to enjoy the abuse. Something about the old school muscle saws

Back