Poll: Which Saw for SawinRedNeck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw for SRN?

• Total voters
Well I was going to vote but you left out bikesaw???????????
Guess I will vote for the little 880 or 3120.

Last edited:
Well I was going to vote but you left out bikesaw???????????
Guess I will vote for the little 880 or 3120.

Tell you what, build me a bike saw, under 20 pounds, that will run consistantly on it's side for falling, not burn a gallon of gas a half hour, and wont break my arm starting it regularly, and you might have a winner!

Tell you what, build me a bike saw, under 20 pounds, that will run consistantly on it's side for falling, not burn a gallon of gas a half hour, and wont break my arm starting it regularly, and you might have a winner!
I think you are asking for too much here! But I have a 383 Chevy aluminum heads, complete roller engine setting in the garage. Just waiting for the next project:cheers: Now if it was a aluminum block then two guy's could lift it and use it as a big saw.Oh hell just remember no replacement for displacement and you can't go wrong!

My vote

I'm sure it don't count but I voted Echo Just because he's so enthusiastic about them. Poulan of course would be my first choice!

GO POOPLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the top-end of the 361, and it accellerates really fast - at least mine do - perfect for limbing....:rockn: :rockn:

I'm sure it does Troll. I was just comparing them to what sawinredneck may want for his work ie. similar to 460 curves with less displacement.

Both these Stihl and Dolmar curves seem to be aimed at the top end, but the Dolmars seem to be all top end, whereas these Stihls have a little more across the range. That's all I meant. My 2095 is more bottom end, but that's what I wanted. All have their place.

I think you are asking for too much here! But I have a 383 Chevy aluminum heads, complete roller engine setting in the garage. Just waiting for the next project:cheers: Now if it was a aluminum block then two guy's could lift it and use it as a big saw.Oh hell just remember no replacement for displacement and you can't go wrong!

HMMMMMM, run that sucker on propane then it will cut for felling, hmmmmmmmm.........

I'm sure it don't count but I voted Echo Just because he's so enthusiastic about them. Poulan of course would be my first choice!

GO POOPLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is funny!!! I like him:clap:

I'm sure it does Troll. I was just comparing them to what sawinredneck may want for his work ie. similar to 460 curves with less displacement.

Both these Stihl and Dolmar curves seem to be aimed at the top end, but the Dolmars seem to be all top end, whereas these Stihls have a little more across the range. That's all I meant. My 2095 is more bottom end, but that's what I wanted. All have their place.

This guy gets what I am after!!!!! Good eye!!!!

Guilty as charged!!!! I want all of that!!!

You've missed the boat

Get an electric chainsaw.

Better Stihl... battery powered. This is overkill for you, but with all those voices, one of them is bound to get you hurt.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have to vote 880, there truely is no replacement for displacement. Gotta get home in time for da ball game!:greenchainsaw:

Back