Ported 661s..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has nothing to do with a saw I did being beat and I'm sure you know that.

If I got someone to send me another builders saw who everyone knows that I don't like and then posted a thread beating it do you think it would have the same results as this one?

There's much more to the story here.

I like you heath I really do but there's a double standard where some are praised and others are destroyed for doing the same thing.

I'm confused about what my shipping schedule has to do with any of this.

Who paid me for something that they didn't get?

If you pay me to port a saw and I do but you don't like how it runs but you tell me that you do like it but tell everyone else you hate it and me,please forgive me but who's getting screwed?

I get most of what you're saying, guys around saws get the fanboy bug as much as teen girls get wet for Justin Bieber,:reading: and they loose their heads. If anyone feels Jason did them wrong, or the saws he ported were hacked up, just come out and say so and prove it, instead of mking silly pointless videos that mean little to nothing. If you don't like his work or Brad's work or anyone else for that matter, say so! post pictures and so on. I mean no real builder is afraid to show his work, and we should have some standard after all. If I send someone my hard earned money and I get a hacked up saw in return, I'm going to say so and if the builder doesn't like it and makes a fool of himself, that's his problem.

Way too much of the builder vs builder stuff has gone on, the real non fanboy costumers need to speak the truth, and they must learn just because you didn't get the fastest saw, that doesn't mean the saw was built by a hack, there is more to it than that, there will always be something better/faster.:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

To take this the next step. The fact we had so much of this nonsense in the passed, between guys I know for fact do excellent work, has left the door open for con artists. If the work they do gets hammered, all they have to do is say, see they're doing the same thing to me. So the very ones who are complaining, are actually the ones at fault. You should have been working together not fighting.

Well put Andre. Put the facts on the table. The real issues surrounding this case, as I understand it, have yet to be divulged or discussed at all. The performance is only a distraction. If there are real problems, then people deserve to know, IMHO.
I would love to know what the problem is.
A lot of effort has been put into making me out to be all kinds of things.

The ones that are constantly bashing me have no reason to,most of them I've never spoke to or had any dealings with also not one person and I mean nobody has ever contacted me about a problem, nobody who is on a forum bashing me has ever said one thing to me about any problem.

The 2 that won't quit have my phone number and I talked to both quite a bit and they've had there saws for over a year before this started,I've never had one cross word with any of them and they've said they never made any attempt to contact me so why is it ok for them to do that?

I've had a business that I started and built in my shop at my house taken away and have never heard a single complaint.

Nobody could possibly understand how pissed off I am.

I've been very hesitant to speak up in this thread.....but I'm just gonna do it.

From what I've seen, 90% of the trouble here is that when someone has a problem, they rarely go straight to the builder. On the other site I've posted several threads about this.

It's as though they are comfortable enough with a guy to send out a saw and money, but not comfortable enough to speak candidly with that same person.

Brad and I have both been dragged into disagreements over the years by people talking behind our backs.

That doesn't mean neither of us made mistakes, or built poor running saws. I'm 110% sure that we both have made mistakes. I'm also sure that we can both say we've made mistakes in how we dealt with each other. Today Brad and I get along very well.....we communicate with each other.

We are human.....and humans are prone to make mistakes. What we don't need are people running around behind our backs adding to our already flawed lives.

If you are reading this and have never made a mistake then I wanna here from you. I bet my farm that I won't hear from a perfect human today.

But dealing with Jason is a little bit different.

In the case of this 661 that is the subject of this thread. I've seen detailed pictures of the inside. The exhaust port is overly wide, and it's freeporting on one side pretty bad.

The owner of this saw does not want to talk with Jason about it, nor did that person send me the pictures. He did send me another saw that Jason built to do some repair work on. He has no complaints about how the saw runs. I'm just replacing some damaged parts that have nothing to do with the modifications. I've never started the saw, or even taken a look at the port work. I don't care how the port work was done.....that's not why I have this saw.

Now. That brings us to a question that everyone reading is wondering about. Why didn't the owner of these saws just send them back to Jason? He would have to answer that question to add details that I've likely forgotten.....but it has more to do with how he has seen Jason react to criticism on the forums than anything else.

Now. To answer another lingering question. We removed Jason from the forum that I moderate. That did not happen because of his work. I've seen only a few people that had a real issue with his saws.

We removed Jason because he was impossible to talk to about issues that were brought to our attention. He became defensive and threatening. He dodged direct questions, and became insulting.

I'm speaking from first-hand experience of dealing with him about things that are simple, everyday parts of dealing with customers.

I was even threatened with a lawsuit. For asking about a tracking number.

So....in dealing with Jason, I understand why his customers don't return to him when there is an issue.

Now, because of this thread, he is threatening people with bodily injury.

So.....as anyone can see, this whole thing has very little to do with chainsaws.

I've been very hesitant to speak up in this thread.....but I'm just gonna do it.

From what I've seen, 90% of the trouble here is that when someone has a problem, they rarely go straight to the builder. On the other site I've posted several threads about this.

It's as though they are comfortable enough with a guy to send out a saw and money, but not comfortable enough to speak candidly with that same person.

Brad and I have both been dragged into disagreements over the years by people talking behind our backs.

That doesn't mean neither of us made mistakes, or built poor running saws. I'm 110% sure that we both have made mistakes. I'm also sure that we can both say we've made mistakes in how we dealt with each other. Today Brad and I get along very well.....we communicate with each other.

We are human.....and humans are prone to make mistakes. What we don't need are people running around behind our backs adding to our already flawed lives.

If you are reading this and have never made a mistake then I wanna here from you. I bet my farm that I won't hear from a perfect human today.

In the case of this 661 that is the subject of this thread. I've seen detailed pictures of the inside. The exhaust port is overly wide, and it's freeporting on one side pretty bad.

The owner of this saw does not want to talk with Jason about it, nor did that person send me the pictures. He did send me another saw that Jason built to do some repair work on. He has no complaints about how the saw runs. I'm just replacing some damaged parts that have nothing to do with the modifications. I've never started the saw, or even taken a look at the port work. I don't care how the port work was done.....that's not why I have this saw.

Now. That brings us to a question that everyone reading is wondering about. Why didn't the owner of these saws just send them back to Jason? He would have to answer that question to add details that I've likely forgotten.....but it has more to do with how he has seen Jason react to criticism on the forums than anything else.

Now. To answer another lingering question. We removed Jason from the forum that I moderate. That did not happen because of his work. I've seen only a few people that had a real issue with his saws.

We removed Jason because he was impossible to talk to about issues that were brought to our attention. He became defensive and threatening. He dodged direct questions, and became insulting.

I'm speaking from first-hand experience of dealing with him about things that are simple, everyday parts of dealing with customers.

So....in dealing with Jason, I understand why his customers don't return to him when there is an issue.

So.....as anyone can see, this whole thing has very little to do with chainsaws.
Best Answer

The truth well spoken.

Jason..im trying to think how to word this...so ill start from the beginning.

I contacted you about porting my 660 because a few guys told me you made that model run well.

We got to talkin and you told me that you ran a 288 piston which i had no objection to and my first question was if it was gonna be an OEM swap and IF there was an issue if i could swap back to my 660 piston if i had to and you told me i could ... you lied about both of those things.

I don't run a big saw very often so it naturally took a little for the failure to present itself...and when it did i took the pictures and sent them to you and asked what you thought...thats where you went downhill in your customer service...and here is the order.

I got the saw back with a badly bent outer dawg and a cracked west coast cover..they arent cheap..i straightened the outter dawg in my vise and told you about the cracked clutch cover and also asked if you insured the package which you wouldnt directly answer and responded with ( ive had saws with 600 bucks worth of damage it happens ) .. thats great for you..but that wasnt what i asked nor the answer to the problem..but i bought a new cover for 70 bucks and brushed it off becasue you seemed to have no intrest in what i told you.

I sent you the jug pictures when the problem showed up and you told me that all of the scaratches in my cylinder looked normal and you would just run it...even im not that stupid...it wasn't anywhere near normal.

You then told me i must have straight gassed it...i didn't.

So i had mike (glock37) tear it down to see what was up with no intention to insult you and only let mike take a look because he is a better saw mechanic than me and his powder coat shop is mere mile from me...once again..not to make you look like an ass.

Mike discovered that the AFTERMARKET wrist pin bearing had let go and i asked if the jug could clean up and throw a new piston in so i could get back to business and mike seemed to think that was gonna work fine..everything was cool.

It sucked but no big deal..i contacted you and told you what he had found and asked if you would just send a piston/wrist pin up and we could throw it back together and forget about it to save me the shipping cost and make the situation easier...you seemed to have no issue with that.

Somewhere lost in translation you talked with mike and my saw needed to go back to you...so i asked you what your plan was for the solution and asked if you were gonna throw a new jug on it because apparently it had become unusable..you told me word for word ( i have the screenshot if you wanna dispute it ) .. that you were gonna put a jug on it that wasnt new but jugs are either wore out or they arent..i disagree...and here i am with a brand new 660 that failed on YOUR mistake that i now had to have a used jug on.

So now i get a shipping label for both ways insured ( that cost me 110 bucks on a saw i already had about 1500 bucks in ) to send it back to you because you didnt insure it in the first place and i wanted to make sure it got there and back OK. ( you didnt even offer )

I asked you " so if my saw doesnt make it back to me or is damaged for whatever reason who is responsible for this " and you replied with " you are " ..you're wrong..its YOUR resposibility when you ship a package...so essentially if my saw was stolen or lost i was out 1500 bucks..not cool.

The saw now runs great i actually like it..but getting there with you was a pain in the ass...therefore i wouldn't recommend you to anyone when there is plenty of guys who do good work that i haven't had this issue with.

I think you know pretty well what you are doing..but its noones fault but your own that you now have to deal with this.

Oh..and don't threaten people online..for one you might threaten the wrong person and open a can you can't close .. or they have the proof you said what you did and get your ass in trouble if they are the legal type of people.

Im cool as a fan with everybody..this problem people have lies with YOU.

Dumbass.

owner of the jms661 saw was unhappy with it and his dealings with jms. He wanted to see how it compared on torque to my tree monkey saw. He sent it to ME not scott. After doing a comparison at 20", 28", 36" and 41". He decided to have scott put a tree monkey 661 jug piston, etc etc on it. Another gentleman who was doing the same or similar kind of mods as jms to the 661 already sent scott pictures of what he was doing seeking advice. (a few months ago) Sooo Scott already knew the mods jms was likely doing. I assure you Scott really doesn't give a crap what other builders are doing. Infact he literally doesn't want to know because he wants to figure it out on his own. That is part of the fun to him. Further yet Scott had no intention of taking it apart, UNLESS the guy wanted to change to a tree monkey jug. Which he did. And here it is below.

I use just a few people, 2 of them have the same 1st name, for The exact same reasons.

It's not so much about stop watch times as how business is handled after the saw has been returned.

yeah stop watch times ain't everything...

owner of the jms661 saw was unhappy with it and his dealings with jms. He wanted to see how it compared on torque to my tree monkey saw. He sent it to ME not scott. After doing a comparison at 20", 28", 36" and 41". He decided to have scott put a tree monkey 661 jug piston, etc etc on it. Another gentleman who was doing the same or similar kind of mods as jms to the 661 already sent scott pictures of what he was doing seeking advice. (a few months ago) Sooo Scott already knew the mods jms was likely doing. I assure you Scott really doesn't give a crap what other builders are doing. Infact he literally doesn't want to know because he wants to figure it out on his own. That is part of the fun to him. Further yet Scott had no intention of taking it apart, UNLESS the guy wanted to change to a tree monkey jug. Which he did. And here it is below.

yeah stop watch times ain't everything...

Fair Enough.

This topic has been covered, Completely.

I believe it's time to let this thread & the topic ride on into the sunset.

The Point has been made.

I could care less about the saws.

Brad snelling is my porter of choice for a few reasons :

1-He's close to me...so shipping isn't a killer.
2-He has a good turn around time.
3-He's been a very honest person with me in every transaction ive had with him.
4-He's delivered in the performance part for me on every saw ive sent him.
5-IF a situation presented itself where something went wrong i don't doubt for a second he would handle it ASAP.
6-I trust him.

Is he the best with every saw model made ? .. No.

If his saw loses in a video by a few seconds that changes none of the above for me.
Great post!

Before this gets buried....

IMHO, the most serious allegations have still not been mentioned, and that is that parts have been swapped with used or aftermarket pieces. I have no idea if these allegations are true, but if they are, that's a very serious problem. True or false, these allegations need resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back