Ported Husqvarna 372xpw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg....totally didn't even notice that even his legs were in that photo...now if it was a girl I wouldn't have noticed that amy cylinder was in the photo at all!

6c462dd283191ba84cf705faa7c8f364.jpg

****! There's a Gorilla? Where? I can't find him. My eyes keep getting diverted by two tractor beams.

Seriously tho, is that finger directed at the exhaust port to help clear stuff out? I've never seen that on a quad port.

Here's a thought. The 346, 372, & 390 are all very similar in design. Has anyone ever tried a windowed piston in a 346 or 385/390? Vaguely, I'm wondering of I windowed a 390. If so, it's been too long to remember the details. Maybe someone else can find the thread if I did. I know I've never tried it on a 346.
If you're willing, I say go for it! I would like to see the results. I however don't see it doing anything positive without raising the transfer tunnel wall, thus lowering base compression, and creating turbulence. But what do I know.

On the 394 carburetor conversion, I went with the 372 intake boot since the size was almost perfect. 372 boot inside diameter is 21.2 mm, 394 carb is 21.4 mm.
To mount it I used a 4mm stainless steel all thread rod cut to length.
I plugged the impulse inlet on the carb with jb weld and drilled a hole in the pump cover to add an impulse line elbow and jb welded that too.
2015-08-13-14-58-39-jpg.441006

The cable lined up pretty decent. I only needed a few little mods to make that work. It was a bit too tight on the throttle cable so I had to cut the groove to give it enough slack to close the throttle all the way. The cable was also riding the edge of the groove pretty hard on one spot so I shaved it down a tad.

2015-08-13-15-05-29-jpg.441008

The top cover needed a tad bit cut out to allow room for the throttle and that was pretty much it. I still need to use two mount bolts to fasten the air filter elbow down.
2015-08-13-14-59-35-jpg.441009

The choke works like normal, but I need to use a keeper pin so the lever doesn't pop off. It really doesn't need a lever anyways.

Back